TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was using an outlet on the side of my garage. we are on a farm and it used to run a small auger for a bean meal bin. any who the breaker tripped. no problem right except the breaker box is inside the garage which has no walk in door, both overhead doors have electic openers and the 3 windows are barn style which means they do not open. so can i force the doors open a couple feet without destroying them or should i knock out one of the windows (they are only $65 bucks at home depot.

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
37 Posts
Window. Less hazardous to you should something go wrong.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Grab your sawzall and cut a hole for your new walk in door :) Put the $65 window cost toward the door project.... or just bust out a window.

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts
so i was using an outlet on the side of my garage. we are on a farm and it used to run a small auger for a bean meal bin. any who the breaker tripped. no problem right except the breaker box is inside the garage which has no walk in door, both overhead doors have electic openers and the 3 windows are barn style which means they do not open. so can i force the doors open a couple feet without destroying them or should i knock out one of the windows (they are only $65 bucks at home depot.

Thanks!
David
Knock out a window, or cut a hole for a walk-in door.

And when done, find the person who set it up like that, and introduce them to Mr. Electricity. :diablo:

That's just plain stupid design.

RwP

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Grab your sawzall and cut a hole for your new walk in door :) Put the $65 window cost toward the door project.... or just bust out a window.

This... get the door from a salvage place and you should come out ahead and be able to get in the next time this happens. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts