TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just told today that they are doing a Monster Garage Episode on Ft. Sill, and were getting a list of competent mechanics and welders that are Active Duty Military stationed there to try out. My command put my name in and then asked me about it afterwards, so I couldn't say no. The actual tryouts that will pen me against the other hopefuls that were deemed worthy is late August to Early September, and then they will come up with their team of builders. The good news is that the team will be chosen by the mechanics at the local Auto Crafts Shop, which anyone from OK on these boards will tell you, are all good friends of mine, and most of them come to me for advise on cars, so I should be a shoe-in, unless there are some soldiers that haven't shown their skills yet, and are hiding somewhere. Wish Me Luck, I'll need it!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Congrats. Now to just talk them into using your cougar as the vehicle. :D

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Wish Me Luck, I'll need it!!!!!
Luck! SW needs to get you a TCCoA shirt. Free pub.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Rich, you get chosen and I'll make sure there's a couple of fresh TCCoA shirts for you to wear on the set. :) A bit of TV exposure would be killer.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speaking of shirts, are you going to bring any down in August, so we can buy them on the spot?

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Probably, yeah. I'll want an idea of sizes to bring, but I can probably do that.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Rich that's pimp as hell. I would kill just to get to be around the set of MG, anyone see the Hot Rod they built last night, WOOT.

You GOTTA let us know how it goes, and hell, if one of your buddies gets on there, I still say you pimp him with a TCCoA shirt.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
ha ha, congrats dude, if you get on the show you better tell us which episode it will be so i can record your screw up, i mean your television debute, lol,,,,:D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Being an Artillery post, we have decided if we make it or not, it'll be a good show. You know Jesse James likes destroying projects if they don't make it. I figure a couple Howitzer rounds into a car would make for good TV at least.;) They might set us up for failure just to blow something up.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
..... They might set us up for failure just to blow something up.
I'm thinkin' they're gonna want Jesse to play with a 155 or MLRS (if they're still around, I was S&F circa 1984). No better place in the world for blowing stuff up than Ft. Sill :D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
doodaa said:

I'm thinkin' they're gonna want Jesse to play with a 155 or MLRS (if they're still around, I was S&F circa 1984). No better place in the world for blowing stuff up than Ft. Sill :D
I'm actually an MLRS Fire Direction guy, working as a career counselor right now, but in a couple months, I'll be back to plotting grids again.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Fire direction? Aren't those the guys with the red and white circles on the back of their T-Shirts? j/k :D

Most of the stuff I worked on/around has been obsolete for quite a while but I guess some things are timeless. Let Jesse know you can set him up on target, maybe you'll get to be in the scene when he blows up the "failed Monster". ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good luck. :thumbsup:
Being on Monster Garage is every car guy's dream.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
holy thread resurrection bat man! yeah i'm watching it right now, too, lol.....:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts