TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bought a 89 tbird with the 3.8 , yesterday it was running fine and driving perfectly , today i did wash the engine and the rest of the car , now when i drive it it stalls alot , when i start it up it starts really hard , which i think might be the battery , but when i put it i nreverse and give it gas it stalls out and makes a weird noise. so i start it back up give it a little gas and it kind of sputters and stalls. im not very good with engines so id like your help , thanks alot guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhhhhhhhhh , i just replaced the battery terminals because the other ones were coroded so badly , but the car still starts hard and it kind of makes a thump sound , then shakes some more then starts , when it idles its idling fine but when u give it gas it sputters once in a while and stalls out. my grandfather suggets a tune up and a new starter , what do you all think ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You probably got the electronics wet. Let it dry out for a while in the sun and see how it runs after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your ignition coil might have gotten wet. Have you replaced it? I hit a puddle shortly after purchasing my 94 and didn't know the ignition coil was so bad. The car started fine as long as it was dry but as soon as it got wet...it would try to stall when I gave it gas but would idle all day just fine. (when it would start)! Try that see if it fixes that problem for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts