TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today parking my cat backing it in everythime i turn the wheels my check gauges light would come on for a split sec, and my oil pressure gauge would drop all the way down and my car would almost die, now it only happens when im turning the wheels wether im in drive or reverse and only at very slow spped like idle,( i think thats everything) if more info is needed then ask and i will try to answer it quickly
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Check the oil pressure sending unit. Its right by the power steering pump.
Why would you think its a sending unit if it only happens when he turns the wheel? Id be more apt to think the power steering pump is bringing the motor down at low speeds. Id check the pump, but I could be wrong. Also the stock unmodded oil pressure gauge is a dummy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok how would i go about checking the pwoer steering pump? would that be the noise i hear sometimes when i turn???

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Could be. Is it full? Ever been flushed? And since my superman hearing isnt working lets try describing it alittle better than "the noise"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a belt squicking its like a high pitch laugh almost sounds like a throw-out bearing on a five speed front wheel drive( first car he he)and it only does it when i do turn the wheel in either direction oh i have hads the car for almost 2 years now and i never changed the fluid for the steering but when i have checked it and used my finger and wipe it off on a white cloth then it looks almost new and smells that way too

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Try flushing it. Im not sure about the sound your describing. But I think its the pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts