TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'm pretty sure you gotta supply your own switch. go to pep-boys, they got light up ones =) then i guess you cut the wire and hook it up to switch

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
Hmm, I was always told that a chip would be needed to remove this. :thumbsd:
This maybe one of those articled they've been saying needs to be revamped.
From the article:
These schematics were never tested. These are just ideas that may be put to work. Couple of people tried before (95&97) and it didn't work
Joe

·
Registered
377 Posts
i heard the same thing a chip was needed to remove the speed limiter

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
Brian Herron. :uppoint: He has been taught by......well, you know who!

Joe

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so what would i tell them? Cuz i have cold air intake and i was planning to do more. What would i say to them about the speed limiter and would i have to get a new transmission for it? Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Might be wrong, but....

I believe 89T-BirdLX has a non-electronic controlled governor on the tail shaft of his tranny, which could be one of the limiting factors of his top speed, and rev. limit. I believe his top speed, and rev. limit maybe controlled by that governor vs an elecronically controlled set up like the 93 and up t-birds have. I believe the only way 89T-BirdLX could increase his top speed, and rev. limit, would be by changing that governor. Just a thought, I am sure there are people here who know more about this than I, or at least can add/change any info. I might not have gotten right.

I haven't asked any of the "chip guys" but I do not believe a chip on pre 92 t-birds controlls/removes the top speed limiter, however I might be wrong. Maybe someone who knows on here can tell us for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts