TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you all will likely know this. But on our dashes next to the cubby hole (well on my 95) there is a little meshy looking thing with the word "stereo" underneath it. But behind it I am pretty sure there is nothing. What is it? That is my question.

I think Aaron wants to know the same thing.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's a temp sensor for the SATC. If you have a standard climate control unit, it's just a blank hole.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShadowDragon said:
It's a temp sensor for the SATC. If you have a standard climate control unit, it's just a blank hole.
Ok what is the SATC? Ohh the questions keep coming and coming. And how do you tell the difference. On my fan motor lever it has the option of Auto.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I know it as "auto climate control". You set the temp, and it adjusts the heat/AC until it reaches your set temp. The manual unit just has a knob for you to set how cool of warm the air is.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
tre45 said:
Ok what is the SATC? Ohh the questions keep coming and coming. And how do you tell the difference. On my fan motor lever it has the option of Auto.
Semi-Automatic Temperature Control. Aside from what GB said if it has a display it's SATC, if not it's normal.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I have then one where you can set it from 65-90 degrees and tells you the outside temp. So I am guessing there is a sensor behind there then.

Thanks

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
GreenBird said:
Then yes you have the (semi) auto climate control, and a temp sensor behind the "stereo" grille.
Yeah it's Semi cause you still have to control where the air comes from, a fully automatic climate control will adjust areas as well as heater/ac.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks GB and Shadow
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts