TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it finally got hear in the mail, stainless and no cats/mufflers. It Looks great the welds a very nicely done. I have some JBA Headers that I am going to have a shop put on. Is it very hard to put on the A.R.T. system on? Im thinkin I'll just do it myself. I think just gonna use my dynomax ST mufflers (barely used) that I have left over from my cat back until I have enough money to get teh SuperTrapp Mufflers I wanna get.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I just found out that I'll be taking mr car to the shop in two days to have the headers put on for $250. Then I'll put the rest on YAY! Will it be bad to have to drive my car to work with just manifolds tommorrow? I have a chip that turns off the O2's, but what should i do with them while they are not threaded into the pipe? Becuase I am droppping the factory exhaust taking it to ge the headers put on, then puttin on the duals. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Runnin on just manifolds is not smart, and ungood...You dont have enuff length of tubeing to prevent cold air from getting to the hot valves/ heads without the heatsink/stabilizing effect of the exhaust system.... Hot/cold =recipie to have something warp... You could get away with it , but then again you could get caught big time....its just not worth it IMHO

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thats what I was thinking too. I have to drive about 7 blocks to the shop and 7 back, but I won't drive it anymore than I have too. I'll just take my ol' ranger to work. She's a beast:tongue: .

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would, but it will cost more for the header install.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Geez, how much would a new set of heads cost installed? or for that matter, worst case: a brand new long block? I have friends that love guys like you as it gives them job security replacing engines , etc..., however , you could get lucky....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Why dont you install it?? That way you'll learn and you'll save some $$$$

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would intall them myslef but my dad thinks I can't do it, so he won't let me. Also, I know the guy personally that is doing it, he went to school with my dad, he has always done good work for us.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey, your driving your own car? Your a big boy, research what you need, get the parts, get all the needed tools, find time on a weekend, save some money, learn some new things, DO IT YOURSELF. Your parents can control you, but you won't be able to get outside the box like Leland(Jake) if you don't try something new yourself. Ask him about the sissy power adder he has! That should be example enough to show that if he can do that, you can do shorties.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I am drving my own car, that I pay for. Everything else on my car, I have done myself (not that much) but when your parents take your car away from you when you don't do what they say, you tend to have to do things like that.

·
Registered
663 Posts
just take off the back half of your exhaust and run it with the cats and y pipe. or you can let them remove your entire exhaust for you. Should take all of ten minutes on a lift and the right tools. Besides, it may be a little tough to remove the manifold nuts holding the exhaust to the manifolds.
Sounds to me like you just want to drive your Bird with open headers ;)

B

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, Ok it's true lol. I already dropped the dropped the factory exhaust cats and all, Im getting the headers put on right now.:cool:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
mylittleblackbird said:
Hey, your driving your own car? Your a big boy, research what you need, get the parts, get all the needed tools, find time on a weekend, save some money, learn some new things, DO IT YOURSELF. Your parents can control you, but you won't be able to get outside the box like Leland(Jake) if you don't try something new yourself. Ask him about the sissy power adder he has! That should be example enough to show that if he can do that, you can do shorties.
Or do like I do, wait until they leave for work and when they get home they have parts and tools strewn out in the driveway :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha. I did that to them once. I was putting my springs/shocks in last winter and my mom came home from and FREAKED OUT. She's like "What the hell are you doing to your car! Look at it, it looks horrible" So I said "You should see what it looks like when im done". Then she continued to freak out. Lol

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bad news, I have got one hell of a vibration at idle and at certain rpms on my car. Im going to check and see where it's touching, but i deffinately feels like it's coming from the front of the car. I'm thinking it the headers. Does anybody else have any expierence with this? You would think if mine has this problem some other people cars with these headers/exhuast would also. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts