TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guyz,

well i got my car back from the dealership, they replaced the cracked intake manifold on the recall. there's one problem, my car is running really rough and it died on me at a traffic light. i took the car back to the dealership and they explained that the car now needs to have the plugs, ignition wires, fuel filter (highly unlikely on and intake manifold replacement), motor vac and throttle body checked out. i asked for an explanation as to why my car was running fine when it was brought in and why it's running rough after an intake manifold replacement. anyway, to make long story short (i argued with them for 45 mins) they said that this is a common problem after a job like this. they quoted a price at 592.37 for all this to be done. i told them that if this is a common problem that's triggered by a job like this then this should be considered part of the recall and i shouldn't be charged. i'm not done with them, i'll be back later on today to cause more hell.

now to the tech part, what do you guyz think could be the problem?

thanks,

fat stan

·
Registered
647 Posts
They are correct...one of the most common problems that happen when doing this job is breaking a spark plug or wire. Just ask Vic Rattlehead...same thing happened to him. $80 for them to replace a sparkplug that they broke in the first place...I would start there.

$592 is BS :mad:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm on it

i just got back from the auto parts store with ignition wires, i'm about to slap them on.

i don't mind this being a common problem with a job like this, but if they break it they should fix it without me paying.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yup...agreed. In Vic's case, it was worse because 2-3 days later, his new plugs and wires came in from 5-star. Just to add a little insult to injury I guess :(

Luck...

K

·
0 Posts
Legal recourse

GET THEM TO PUT IT IN WRITING. If you get them to put it in writing that this repair is typical of a job like this then you can bring it to small claims court since it is less than $2000 and argue that your car was running fine and then a recall that FORD did is now causing your car to run like this and that you should get your vehicle back in the same condition as you brought it in. I would also contact the BBB (www.bbb.org) and make sure that they know what happened and if you want also contact your newspaper and have them run an article on it... lets say "Ford Recall Takes You to the Bank" or something else like that.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The only thing common about it, is poor workmanship. They should bow there heads in shame!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Unfortunately, the world is populated by too many less than brilliant people. Ya know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts