TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Since I put on my ground fx kit, my exhaust has not been the same. They had to put some lame turndowns on to keep the exhaust from blowing into the body kit. This killed the sound. I went to the exhaust shop today and had it fixed. Here are some of the before and after pics...

Before...

Now...

Before...

Now...

The sound is definitely much better with the straight out stainless tips. They only put on the 2.5" tips. I wanted the 3", but they were 22" long. They would have had to cut a lot off, and it would have cost me a lot more money. I only paid $15 for the tips. The most expensive part was that I reallly had to change mufflers to get them to fit right without having to do a lot of pipe work. I went ahead and bought two new Flowmaster 40's (I already had 40's on the car). I really needed the offset/center muffler though instead of the offset/offset. Well, I am happy now though, because the sound is a lot better.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sharp !!!!!!

Nice looking car !!!!! I am curious - how does your T-Bird rate when
compared to the newer Monte Carlo?

I am a Ford man but appreciate nice cars and trucks and the new Monte
is sharpe !

Thanks Curt :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Sharp !!!!!!

CurtisA said:
Nice looking car !!!!! I am curious - how does your T-Bird rate when

I am a Ford man but appreciate nice cars and trucks and the new Monte
is sharpe !

Thanks Curt :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
IMHO, the bird is better in everyway unless you can only have one car and have harsh winters. I got a SHO for winter :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Sharp !!!!!!

CurtisA said:
I am curious - how does your T-Bird rate when
Well, the Monte is a nice ride. It has NO power, but it rides good. The one I was driving was just an LS with the 3.4L. The 3.8L is much better. I was driving it as my demo at the Chevy store that I work at, but our owner took our demos away last month. Yes, I have come out of the closet! I am a finance manager at a Chevy store...:rolleyes:

I just got through driving my car again tonite, and boy is the sound ever better. It cost me to get it fixed, but I am happy with the results.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...

...The wheels are next on the list. The drop, however, is what I am really struggling with. I would love to drop it about 2", but I would not be able to get in my driveway with the drop. I can barely get in without scrubing now with just the ground fx. I dont see getting my whole driveway redone!!!

You can see how the driveway is angeled in this pic...

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hey Nick, yuo said yuo drove a new monte at your work? Isn't that one parked next to your car in those pics? ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah...

...thats the one that I was driving at my work. I am not driving it anymore, as my dealer has taken away our demos. They were just getting out of hand. I can understand that. Demos are a big liability for a dealer, especially one this size. We would have about 20+ demos on the road at any given time. I am fine with that, because they pay us not to have one, and I get to drive my bird now! It was nice driving a new car every 5500 miles though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts