TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work today there was a little speed trap setup that I didnt see until it was to late. The cop worte the ticket for 53 in a 35 zone, but I know I wasnt going 53mph (unless my speedo is off). I never go more than 45, if that, in the area I was in. I was thinking of taking it to court, but am unsure if I should. I've heard people say many times that you should ALWAYS take a ticket to court. What do you guys think? I know if the cop doesnt show the ticket gets thrown out...what do you think my chances are of him not showing up? Isn't it basically my word against his if he does show up? I remember someone saying something about asking to see the radar gun paper work and records and all, any info on that? When they write a ticket using a radar gun, does anything get recorded incase they are taken to court on it? If worst comes to worst I'll just pay the fine and go to driving school to keep from getting points. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got one too!

I just got one too the other day. The cop followed me for over 50 miles. I put the tbird on cruise control at 75 and he pulled me over saying I was going 80 in a 65 zone. He even got on the loud speaker telling me to pull over--and if that wasn't enough--where I had parked the car was not good enough for him, so he had me stop the car twice and move it. He was a pain in the butt too! So I had to be a smart ass about it too and say, "where are you when I am going 100?" after he had given me the ticket. I was so mad. I didn't want to sign it because it said I was going 80 not 75.

I was thinking about fighting it too, but the court date is September 2--the day after Labor Day--I will be at the Nationals during that time. =0( Oh well--that is life--now I have to pay a huge fine and have my insurance go up! AWWWW!

Good luck if you do fight it!

Mandi =0)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hey Mandi, are you driving out from Cali to Nationals?

Thomas

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If its your first ticket you can ask for tolerance or somethin. My bro did it. If its your first ticket they will usually throw it out merely because its your first. Show up and it you most likely wont have to pay up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A couple of years ago, I got a 57 in a 40 zone ticket :mad: . I don't know about where you live, but I took one of the safe driving classes, and it was enough to remove ALL of the points, and my insurance didn't go up.

I did have to pay the fine though...:rolleyes:

Peter

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
around here

you can use a pray for judgement in court once every 3 years, it helps with those D$%@# tickets, but you can only call it once.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
In Vermont...

It only affects your insurance if you lose your lisence for any amount of time. That is 10 points, which means 5 tickets of 19 or less or two of 20 or more. I have two of the first and one of the second. Lets just say I am counting the days till I can speed again.

·
11,719 Posts
heh.

sorry bird still limited to 105mph couldn't go faster than a CV.

The SHO on the other hand...has been upto 150mph.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
ahh

so that's how you lost the license! :D :D :D

·
11,719 Posts
Re: ahh

JoelBender said:
so that's how you lost the license! :D :D :D
No...I'm counting the days till I can SPEED again. I am one ticket (any moving violation) away from losing it for 3-days. On December 5th I get 5 points off, and will be back to doing 20 over.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
aahh ok

assumption is the mother of all ^%@$ ups, and looks like I made a bad assumption.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts