TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well actually 2, one for speeding (61 in a 40) and one for my tint (70% legal, 16% mine :lol:)

The officer said 61 in a 40 without a radar? How the hell did he get 61 he must have a good eye.

For all you NY'ers out there I have a question, would window tint be considered an equipment violation or other violation?

Peace! I guess my new hood attracts the pigs.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That sucks man! Two tickets. Maybe you will find a way to fight the speeding ticket anyway.

·
Registered
859 Posts
That sucks dude, but if you play, you pay. I just got my first ticket in years (parking in front of Penn Station on 34th St. in Manhattan). Where and did it happen? I may need to look out for that spot...

As for the tint, I would contact a police station regarding the type of violation. I know at least that it is not a moving violation...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rt. 25A east of Astor Ave. Right where that Lexus dealership is.

There was about another cop down by the Competition Imports (BMW dealership) that pulled someone over too. I cracked up.

but if you play, you pay.
Yep definitly. I don't see why I should fight these tickets.

1. The officer did test the tint before writing the ticket.

2. I don't know if he paced me because I have no rear view mirror. I didn't see him until it was too late. I actually thought he wanted to go around me so, I pulled over and he stayed behind me, then I went back into the street so he could go around me and he followed me again, then I was like oh ****, and turned around and there he was pointing his finger to the side of the road.

3. I really don't think I want to go through the whole process of lawyers and such, I think I would just pay the fines. I don't know though, how much do you think my insurance is going to be raised?

·
8,239 Posts
here upstate illegal tint is a "fix-it" ticket.

And I know all about it.

They make you scrape it off and show them that it has been "repaired".

Then I proceeded to drive directly from the police station to the tint shop to get it redone.

Its a vicious circle.

JH

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, just pay it and be done. It's not worth it to fight, expecially if you were speeding and since you do have illegal tint. I've done 60 on 25A myself... But there are so may blind people driving on that road, and everywhere else on Long Island, that it isn't worth the risk.

Insurance will probably go up by a $100-200 or so a year, depending on your company.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I was just making a suggestion. There is an old guy that I used to work with that would fight his way out of anything, and he got quite a few tickets that he fought and won them all. It was always a police officer that didn't use a radar and the police officer usually didn't show up to court. It would be easier to pay the ticket for sure.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just making a suggestion. There is an old guy that I used to work with that would fight his way out of anything, and he got quite a few tickets that he fought and won them all. It was always a police officer that didn't use a radar and the police officer usually didn't show up to court. It would be easier to pay the ticket for sure.
I realize that. No disrespect was heading your way, I was just stating what I planned on doing.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
JustinH said:
Then I proceeded to drive directly from the police station to the tint shop to get it redone.
Here a "fix-it ticket" for the same offense within 6 months of each other is a huge fine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Get yourself a tennisball and take it with you when you go to court. While you're standing there ask the cop if he would like to judge the speed of the tennisball as you toss it to him. Ask the judge his/her estimate of the speed and then ask the who's right. When they say they couldn't possibly know without a radar gun, ask the judge how the cop could have accurately judged your speed then. :)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Warped said:
ask the judge how the cop could have accurately judged your speed then. :)
Pacing. He doesn't have a rear view mirror and couldn't check to see how long he was behind him.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
go to court dont pay it right away i didt read any of the other posts but you dont have to pay anything at least thats how it is here and u will plead guilty or non guilty or with a explanation and u explain that its ur first ticked and maybe they will put you on like 6 months probation and if you dont get a ticked they will take it off if you do get one they will put this one for like 2 years on ur record or they can change it to like a 5 over and u wont pay as much its worth a try .

Jurgen

·
Registered
121 Posts
you got a ticket man that sucks i have had alot of them befor and the more you get the more you pay . and your tint don't do nothing to it just pay for it and be done with it cause if you take it off you got to pay to get it back on so just pay for the ticket. i got a ticket like 3 weeks ago just for haven a white banner across my front window the cop said it was in my view lol since when do you have to look up at the sky to drive

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't like confrontations at all. So I just plan on paying the tickets. I would rather have payed then go through the process of court hearings. Plus I have school at nights and fieldwork in the mornings and work in the afternoons. I don't have time to go to court.

Hey I was speeding so, I'll suck it up, and deal with the insurance.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Cops usually will not show up to court. And if you reuqest a jury trial the county attorney will usually throw out the case and rule in favor of you. They don't want to waste their time on a speeding ticket.

Did he tell you your speed or did he ask you and you told him. If they don't clock you they will pull you over and ask you how fast you were going and get a confession without you even relizing it.

I love being a criminal justice major. You learn so much :D with all the ride alongs I do, if I get pulled over, I either know the guy, or know how to get out of it hehe.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thomas said:
Cops usually will not show up to court. And if you reuqest a jury trial the county attorney will usually throw out the case and rule in favor of you. They don't want to waste their time on a speeding ticket.

Did he tell you your speed or did he ask you and you told him. If they don't clock you they will pull you over and ask you how fast you were going and get a confession without you even relizing it.

-Thomas
The thing is what if he does show up, then I am screwed. I should not rely on him not being there.

He first asked me how fast I thought I was going. I told him 35-40. He then told me that I was going 61 in a 40 without a radar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts