TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But cant get the sucker on. I tried to break loose the old bolts in order to take the original off...well after snapping off a GM Goodwrench T-30, and bending up an off brand one (held up better than the GM one)...I ended up with 1 bolt free, and 3 bolts stripped out. I guess I am going to have to drill them out now? Any advice on how to work this out? Other tools that might help me? Guess it's time to PM Rod on 4 hood bolts.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, let me know...

-Joel

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a package of three bolts never opened. I have no idea why Ford packs them like that but that is what I have.

Part # N806114-S61 I dont remember what I paid for them. Postage would be about $1.00 so make me an offer.

Those bolts are a major pain in the butt.

Tony

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha, I was able to save one! 3 would work out great. I have no idea what theyre worth? I'll call Ford tomorrow an see whats up.

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant use a smaller stock, the bolts are female T-30's. I dont know what I will do, I dont want to drill and mess up the threads. We'll see

I'll low ball ya at $5 shipped for the bolts?

-Joel

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Weld a 1/2" nut onto them.... Works like a charm. :D

I did that after breaking 4 torx bits. :redmad:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sold for $6! Tony, you have a PM.

I have been through 2 bits...I have no welder either. Probly gonna take a dremel to it soon.

-Joel

·
Registered
493 Posts
Awesome hood good job.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, finally got the hood off today, I used the old screwdriver/hammer method. I hammered it into the top edge of the bolt...then hammered it at an angle over to break the bolt free counter clockwise. Then used vice grips to finish the job. Reworked the hood hinge and put the 95 liner on the 97 hood and its all done. There's a thread in the Video/Image forum with links to pics.

-Joel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts