TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 1/2 weeks, it's here, and I am just waiting for other parts.
2 things I do need, and NX is out of town till Dec. 12th, are 3 jets and the EFI nozzle adapter (for intake tube). Any idea where to get these at online other than NX?

·
Registered
529 Posts
whats that sound i hear??....awww blown up intake ..lol

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
GO WITH THE 150 WOO-HOO! It'll make some really good 1/4 times before it blows up :D
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackTbird96 said:
Bottle big enough? :rolleyes:
Whatever are you talking about?

:D

Actually it was supposed to come with a 10 pounder, but obviously it didn't.
I can't complain.

Blown intake, yeah right. Of course, who have I been getting advice from ;)

Yeah, 150 shot might give me a good 1/8th mile, maybe even to the 1/4, but it's the 1/4 back to the pits that worries me :tongue:

Gonna use a 125 shot when I get the jets, and hopefully with the window switch, fuel pump, and new tune it will all be good.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I dont think that bottle is big enough. i think you need 2 BIG bottles.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
umm quit takin pictures and get that stuff put in the car. your wasitin your time taking all these dang pics and posting them all over the internet when you should be out in the garage.

hehe, good luck with it, id say stay with the 100 or 75 until a good tune can be had with a good dynotuner. i gotta get some pictures of my n2o installed. one of these days.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks a bunch Andrew. Summit has the nozzle adapter :) . Never thought that they had NX products, let alone something like that.
Too bad it says ship date 12-10 :( .
Wait, took another look and they have everything I need, but ship date 12-10.

Sweet, alteast I found them.

Anyone have any idea what jets sizes I should use for a 125 shot?

Once everything is here, I will install it. Until then, I have the pics :D
It's Alaska, can't do much testing anyways. Sht, if I take the 97' down to my work, I may not be able to get back into my driveway (seriously).

My plan was to get used to it on a 50 shot, then when I am ready get it on the dyno with a 125 shot (if I can find the right jets), and get new programming from Dennis.

Everyhting else is on it's way - window switch, purge kit and bottle brackets shipped on Tuesday, pressure gauge should have shipped yesterday, so not much left.

Oh, should the fuel hose just screw right into the schraider valve, or do I need the adapter? 2 people told me it should just screw in.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't realize you had an NX kit. I am not using a fuel pressure gauge. The gauge I was referring to was bottle pressure. So does the NX fuel line just hook into the schraider valve then?
I have the 02' Stang intake tube as well, so where you put the nozzle looks like a good place.

Do you have anymore pics of your install?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
remove shrader valve, and insert the somewhat hard to find adaptor to hook up the fuel line to it.

you can get the adaptor from NX or autometer has them too, i forget the place jeremy got his from, i know ComuCar has them too.

what jets? i dont know with my kit they sent me a card that goes through all the different hp step and says for 50 hp use the XX-fuel and YY-nitrous and thats it.

my intake tube is from a 00 gt and i just put a hole in the backside if your looking at the throttle body its at like the 8:00 position.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You cant see the nozzle in this picture but here is how you can mount the full throttle switch. For some reason, I cant find my other install pictures. I will find them later and post them all up.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, 2 people thought I wouldn't need the adapter for the fuel, but appearantly I do.
I guess I will add that to my order from Nastyperformance.

The jet that's missing is the .24 for a 75 shot, but I was told that using the .26 jet that I do have in it's place wouldn't be that big of deal. However, I need to order some jets for a 125 shot, so I will just get that as well.

The person I bought the kitfrom had cut the metal "prong" off the wot switch, so it maybe too short to mount it where you have blackbird, but I will see, cuz I like how it looks there :)

Oh, someone was loking at my kit tonight, and realized that the nitrous solenoid is bigger than the normal EFI kit solenoid, and it had a 6an inlet, not 4 like the standard EFI kit. I emailed the guy to find out what exactly I got here.

In this pic below, he had the fitting that's below the n2o solenoid, attatched to the solenoid (after the first fitting currently connected). Not sure what it could have been for, cuz he said he didn't have a purge kit. I asked him about that too.

I would love for everything to be here by next weekend, but I don't know...

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Nitrous Sucks, but if your going to use it Nx kits are super nice, I have one cuase I thought "dam what A nice quality kit"

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
:D Yeah, Nitrous SUCKS!!!:eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
no, nitrous doesnt suck

It blows, and I have the intake to prove it ;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
more encouraging words :D

The purge kit and bottle brackets came in today. Just need the window switch, fuel rail adapter, and nozzle adapter. Oh, and the bottle pressure gauge.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts