TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Pawn Shop Pro
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over lastnight for going 73 ina 55 zone. But what is messed up about this is the cop was really into my business. First off he was all this is a really fancy car for a kid ur age, do you have a job or does your parents pay for you to live. I told him no i pay for my own ****. At this point you can tell he was getting angry and he said well where do you work and i told him what does where I have to work have anything to do with a speeding violation? I mean ok i admit i was speeding, so just give me a ticket. So the ******* gives me a speeding ticket plus an obstructing a peace officer ticket for having "smart" mouth. thats ridiculous.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sounds like you got what you deserved.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
That's the reason I've not mouthed off to cops, just cause maybe it has nothing to do with the situation, doesn't mean you need ot be a dumba$$, clearly he decided he had it out for sweet innocent you, I mean, you were probably all prim and proper being so wonderfully sweet, and he just went off.

Believe you me, I've been pulled over shiiii, maybe 30-40 times, never had any extra's tacked on to whatever tickets I got, cause I was STUPID enough to mouth off, like duh, if they pull you over, more than likely your nuts are theirs for the next half hour.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Yeah dude... sounds to me like you were begging for that.

·
Pawn Shop Pro
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this a hate thread or what...I mean I read some of your posts and thought they were frankly stupid and I say nothing. But oh well...I guess everyones entitled to their own opinion.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I kinda know how you feel. Got pulled over by State Trooper once on I-20. I forget that in texas...at night....its 65. i was doing 71. I told him i had it on cruise and was just going. He asked me about my car. Gladly bragged to him about it. He asked me where i was going, where im coming from, where i worked, what time i got off. I gladly told him. What do i care, he can check if he really feels that adventerous (sp). Then we were standing there, and i asked him, so where you from? Fort Worth. How far can State Troopers roam from where they are stationed? 100 miles, but we get away with going where ever we want. Ahh ok...Hands me my ticket, on my way. I get back to my place in Lubbock. Check the distance...he was 170 miles from Fort Worth. Guess they can get away with it. Thats just how it goes. Who cares what they ask...just answer it and be on yer way. Simple.

·
1,267 Posts
Ok, so you post, tell us you were doing something stupid to begin with, then when you got caught, you tell us you were mouthing off to the cop, so, uhh, what exactly do you expect us to say, way to stick it to him buddy? I'm not sure what you're looking for!

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
not a hate thread, a "yea that makes sense" thread. I got pulled over for driving my dad's lincoln but I didn't get a ticket because I was nice about it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
The cop had no business asking him if his parents paid his way. There is no possible purpose to asking that other than antagonizing him. You were right to tell him it was none of his business. I would fight that one in court.

·
1,267 Posts
Fubarian said:
not a hate thread, a "yea that makes sense" thread. I got pulled over for driving my dad's lincoln but I didn't get a ticket because I was nice about it.
You were NICE! to the cop, what exactly where you thinking, you demean them and belittle them til they can't stand it, and run away crying. JEEZ, where did you take drivers ed.

·
1,267 Posts
kenshi said:
The cop had no business asking him if his parents paid his way. There is no possible purpose to asking that other than antagonizing him. You were right to tell him it was none of his business. I would fight that one in court.
On what grounds, maybe the officer was going to inform this guys employers, should he have some sort of delivery job, or job that entails him using company vehicles, he received a moving violation, companies don't like it when you keep secrets like that. Also, cops all the time like to do stuff like that, whaaaa, lots of cops are dicks, what you do to them determines how your night ends, for them, it's all the same. So what's the point.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
92CougLS said:

On what grounds, maybe the officer was going to inform this guys employers, should he have some sort of delivery job, or job that entails him using company vehicles, he received a moving violation, companies don't like it when you keep secrets like that.
Umm they would find out whether the dirty cop told them or not... It's okay to act like you're a saint and put him down because he told the cop it's not his business. Quite simply, it wasn't.

"Stupid Questions Deserve Stupid Answers"

You don't have to answer his BS questions without an attorney, and he didn't have a reason to ask anyway. Next time a cop asks where you're going, promptly reply "down the road." And no, you didn't deserve some bull**** ticket for obstruction of justice. The only "justice" being served was a speeding ticket, and everything else he asked you about wasn't relevant to the situation. Go to court with it, they will drop that ticket, unless the judge is just as gay as the popo was.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
92CougLS said:
you do to them determines how your night ends, for them, it's all the same.
Very illogical.

I would say WHAT THEY DO determines how my day/night ends. It's AT LEAST 50% in their hands.

Why do people always feel the need to kiss the *** of "authority", whether it be the president or a cop?

·
Registered
817 Posts
i could see the cop asking where he gets the money for his nice car if he was in, say, a escalade, but he was in the bird. cmon, aint like its a mercedes. for no reason does a cop need to ask how you can afford a car, or where you are going, when writing a speeding ticket. all he needs to say is "youre speeding, you broke a law, here ya go" and be done with it. take it to court, he sounds like one of those 5% of cops that give the other 95% of the good ones a bad name, so he should be put in his place.

·
Registered
671 Posts
yes sir, no sir, I understand sir, thank you sir are all you should say. And thats after your windows are down (both), interior lights are on, keys are on the dash board, both hands on the steering wheel.

Got what you deserved.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
My take on this, Antz_bird is just p-o'd that he got pulled over and he needed to vent. No need to come down on the guy is there? Yeah maybe he did get what he deserved but oh well... he felt like he needed to vent and he turned to people who he could relate to. Hey Antz_bird... we here ya.. we know. It's cool.

But bro.. you did ask for that... hehe :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
BlackCat94 said:

Very illogical.

I would say WHAT THEY DO determines how my day/night ends. It's AT LEAST 50% in their hands.

Why do people always feel the need to kiss the *** of "authority", whether it be the president or a cop?
Ugh... I'm really beginning to hate these threads. First, to you BlackCat94. It's not "kissing the @$$ of authority", it's called showing respect for a person who went to the trouble to earn a badge and literally put their life on the line daily and put up with people like you. Yeah, there are some class A jerk cops but, in my experience, the jerk cops are outnumbered 10 to 1 by decent cops that care.

I'd like all of you who whine about cops asking where you are coming from and where you are going to consider this... Cops, by nature, are suspicious of everything. If they weren't, they'd never make it past the first year of being a cop. If they ask you a question and you are evasive, give a [email protected]$$ response or lie, they will land on you with both feet. If they get a bad vibe from you, you can bet you will be questioned and/or ticketed depending on how you react so show some respect and potentially get out of the ticket or you can be a wise *** and get a ticket, have your car searched etc.

Consider this. I drove more miles over the 15 years that I was a professional driver (22 total years driving in general) than the majority of you will drive in your, your spouse's and your children's lifetimes combined. In my lifetime I have received 2 tickets in a vehicle, both in a commercial truck and neither was a moving violation. I am friends with about 20 or so city and state cops and no, I've never had a ticket "fixed" nor would I ask one of my friends to do such a thing.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Warped said:
Cops, by nature, are suspicious of everything.
Especially when you are doing 18 over. Here they can take your liscense then and there if they want to.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Keep in mind guys and gals that the police have probably the second most stressful job in the country, bested by Air Traffic Controllers. The reasons he asked those kind of questions are unknown, but let me offer a few possible reasons:

1. He was probing to see if there was anything else going on (drug running, DWI, weapons, etc)
2. He was just having a bad night and was looking to just be an ***
3. Maybe he was just a bad cop
4. Maybe he just came from a fatal traffic accident involving kids that were speeding

You see, there might be a multitude of reasons he acted the way he did. What's your reason? Was your privacy being invaded? Did he ask for a particular address where you were going? Did he threaten you in any way?

There was no reason for you to "cop" an attitude with him. He was just doing his job. Had you been polite to him, he might have just let you off with a warning. Now you have to pay a fine and your insurance will probably go up. All because you mouthed off...

Take the advise of the "older" (in age, not posts) members, be polite, always respond with a pleasent tone and unless you were being reckless, you might just get away with it...

I was pulled over 2 years ago for making an illegal uturn at night, and spun my tires. I didn't see the cop sitting around the corner. Needless to say he promptly turned on the blues and came after me. I immediatly pulled over and the first thing he asked was why did you pull over. I told him because he caught me. He ran the plates and my license and everything came back clean. I could have beenhave been charged with reckless operation and illegal u-turn. instead he just gave me a verbal warning and told me to have a good night. All because I was polite and respectful of him and his job.

Let me ask you this. Have you ever worked in customer service? If you have, what happens when you get a pissed off customer. He starts getting beligerant with you. You are less likley to help him other than the extent of your job. Now, if he was polite and nice to you, you just might help him out a little more by going that extra mile and taking care of his problem, instead of just giving him a number to call for more help.

Whether you realize it or not, just about everything you do in life will have something to do with customer service, from flipping burgers at the local booger king to taking care of a multi-million dollar advertising account to being a police officer.

My advise, put yourself in their shoes. Would you give just a warning to someone who was mouthing off at you, or would you ticket them? you probably would just ticket them...

Just my 2 cents... Can I have my change please?

John

1 - 20 of 79 Posts