TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love small towns!

Was coming into my small town doing about 34 in a 30 when I passed one of our town's finest coming at me. As soon as he passed, he spun around and flew by the two cars behind me so he could pull me over. By this time I was right in front of my house (which doubles as a funeral home) and we had a visitation going on. After what seemed to be 5 minutes, he approached the car and the first thing he said was "Oh, It's you!" We work with the police all the time in my line of work and I know most of the sheriff deputies and local cops.

A short discussion followed where he told me he had to run my license since he already ran my plates and I obliged him with the license and insurance card. He informed me that my front license plate was missing and most people without front license plates are running from the law.:rolleyes:

I then asked him if I could pull around the back since we were kind of making a spectacle out in front of the funeral home. I ran into the garage and produced my front plate along with the broken bracket to prove to him it existed.

In the 9 years I've lived out here, I've been pulled over 5 times and only once got a ticket for doing 54 in a 40. Every other time I've been let go (and one of those times I was doing 80 in a 55!). It pays to know your local law enforcement!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Can't say I'll argue with you there. I've been very friendly with the local officers (several of them frequent the theater i worked at, played paintball with them, etc.), and several of the deputies in my home county (Hell, the sheriff waves at me when I pass by him). Never had any troubles with them. Good group of guys to know.

Although, there's nothing that will make you drop a load in your shorts like red, white, and blue lights in your rearview.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
holy crap, was i looking at that wrong, it seems like it said 134 in the 65, did i read that right?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
if anything it was prolly in his gt if his info is correct.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
no kidding, i think i would of laid a brick in my shorts if i got busted going that fast, lol. it's a miracle he didn't put you in the hokey.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Embalmer said:
Gotta love small towns!..................After what seemed to be 5 minutes, he approached the car and the first thing he said was "Oh, It's you!"...................It pays to know your local law enforcement!
lol That took me back! I was pulled over way back when I was in High School I pulled out of my dads office, took one trip up and down Main and was pulled over. The cop walked up to the car, shined the light in my car, and said "Oh, its you", and walked back to his car. I was curious so I shouted back "Wait a minute! What did you pull me over for!". He laughed and said he saw a car with a temp dealers tag (held on to the bumper with a spring) leaving the office after hours. Thought he'd check it out. I just laughed and said, "Yep, its me. Thanks for checking though!".

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Embalmer said:
It pays to know your local law enforcement!
Yeah, especially when you give them free coffee everyday. Did that at my old job (left 2 years ago) and I'm still reaping the benifits.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I love Indiana, no front liscence plates... Good thing you didn't get a ticket jim... it takes away beer money for Saturday.. and that would be bad. lol

·
Registered
789 Posts
No front plate in OK either. I'm worried about going to IL though now.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
They won't do anything to you. I live right on the Indiana, Illinois border. I go to Illinois all the time and I have not once been pulled over (for no liscence plate on the front) lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
i haven't had one on the front for over a year now (except for the 8 months it was in the shop) and it's sittin in my front window till i get another bracket, suprisingly with the cops around here, i haven't gotten pulled over

·
Registered
824 Posts
Got pulled over last week... 59 in a 40. Gotta go to court next month. arrgh!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts