TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got something done since the new front suspension.

The right door lock switch hasn't worked. Luckily for my Ford was a little forward thinking and made the switch so that it could be disassembled. I simply took it apart, cleaned, applied a liberal amount of dielectric grease, reassembled and it's working now.

The fog lights haven't ever worked. The fuses were good, bulbs were good so it must be the switch. This switch is quite different than the door lock switch but yet it still was made so that it could be disassembled. I cleaned it too but it didn't work. In this case the switch was a sliding switch internally. I had to "reshape" the contacts. They were not making contact but now it does work. Again a liberal amount of dielectric was "spluged" on the contacts. Now for the first time in 12 years they work.

I didn't have any luck with the remote mirror switch. It's very complicated but I haven't achieved total success. The mirrors will not move to the right and or down but they do go up and left. More work will have to be done with this switch.

I also dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump/float assy. Mainly due to a leak when the tank was full and a very erratic quantity gage. Both are fixed now.

I also repaired the right trunk lid light. My wife smashed the original one but it didn't work so I replaced it with one from a JY. It also didn't work. So, I cut it open, removed the LED and found that it was covered in dust but was working. The dust prevented the light from showing. I cleaned it all up, glued it back together and now it works. Finally thanks to the tech article on this site I was able to cut it open without damaging the relfector.

The only things that remain are interior cosmetics at this point.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
EXCELLENT!! I'm always glad to hear people making progress on their vehicles. Keep up the good work and good luck. :thumbsup:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
good job on the work...but I have to ask. Did you put the dielectric grease between the contacts?
dielectric grease does not conduct electricity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts