TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
looks good

can't wait to see the finished product. I take it you either have wayyyyy too much $, or sponsorships and good discounts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Man, you better stock up on replacement windows, :D 'cause you're gonna be blasting them off the car on a daily basis. Good luck with the project and be careful with high SPLs, your ears will thank you. Drool...

Jim

·
Registered
21 Posts
One sub did 137.5! Damn. Those are some nice subs.
The background on your site makes the text hard to read.

·
Registered
26 Posts
HOLY CRAP 7,500 WATTS. THAT'S INSANELY AWESOME. YOU'RE GONNA BE BUSTIN PEOPLE'S HOUSE WINDOWS WHEN YOU GO DOWN THE STREET. THIS IS ONE BIRD I'D LOVE TO HEAR!!! YOU MIGHT NEED SOME HEAVY DUTY TRUCK SHOCKS IN THE BACK CAUSE THOSE AMPS AND SUBS ARE GONNA WEIGH ALOT.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
95LX said:
Man, you better stock up on replacement windows, :D 'cause you're gonna be blasting them off the car on a daily basis. Good luck with the project and be careful with high SPLs, your ears will thank you. Drool...

Jim
High SPL will hurt your eyes before it will hurt your ears. Treble is what will make you get tenitis (spelling?).

PJ

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
MTX, KICK A$$ !
I though I was nuts with just 3 10" T7000's ported off a 1500DX (only around 1000rwms)

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
All I can say is you're insane, but that's the most badass stereo I've ever seen.

The time to invest in hearing aids is now!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
High SPL will hurt your eyes before it will hurt your ears. Treble is what will make you get tenitis (spelling?).
Yeah, well that's what I meant.
I think you spelled it right, Tinitis. My professor has it from always mixing with the mains cranking in the studio. So it's kinda scary to see a live example everyday. BTW, the guy is no longer doing audio. He teaches theater now. This is why I'm such a nerd when it comes to hearing and SPL. I'd rather wear ear plugs at a show than be "cool" now and sorry later down the road.

Jim

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I know what you mean. Now I just don't go to shows and I quit playing the drums. I already have very minor Tenitis, but I still need my loud tunes! (My eyes were never great to begin with).

PJ

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sup

yes...i have a LOT of work to do. Those amps bench at 1750 WRMS at 14.4V 2 ohms

trying to figure out how im going to get around the 900amp draw

checking out dual alts mult bats. pos batcaps

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The only way you're going to be able to put out 900 amps is if you have a collage of batteries, say like 20 or more, don't even try and get even a dual alt system to put out that much, won't happen. And I hope this isn't your daily driver.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so far there is a fellow comp in riverside that can pull 295 amps per alt x2 for charging at 2000rpm. just change the idle a bit to charge a bit more. he wants 1200.00 plus

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You're still only 2/3 of the way there, where's the last 300 amps? That's a LOT to still have to make after you're already pulling 600 amps.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thus mult batts. You only need to sustain that amperage for about 8 secs a shot anyways. ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURP BABY!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd check into the BIG Batcap since it's only for burps. The 8400. A guy here in town runs 4 US 2000x's on one for burps and he's had great results....165.6 with 2 Jugg 15's with no voltage drop;) And the US 2000x's aren't exactly very nice to the electrical system....probably pull like 200 amps each. In your case I'd look into grabbing two and a HO alt or two. Art's a real cool guy, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking with you about them. Here's the link to his SD member page - http://www.sounddomain.com/id/mtxbasshead ....check 'em out.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
RobinCali said:
thus mult batts. You only need to sustain that amperage for about 8 secs a shot anyways. ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURP BABY!
Which is what I said in the first place, read ALL of the post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts