TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a set of Ford SVT 17x7 Cobra Rs and BFG Comp T/A 245/50 tires on the Mark VIII. The T-Bird is next. I painted the caps black until I can get Lincoln emblems because I didn't like the look of snakes on my wheels...

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Check your inbox...

n/m

·
Registered
935 Posts
I love the look!

Man those rims really make that mark look sweet as hell man! I think they look better than the chrome ones to be honest. I think I will go pick up a set now after seeing the pictures. How much were they and where did you get them?!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - I prefer silver over the chrome myself. I got them from Max, (same status as Dan), at Five Star Ford. The TCCoA price was about $166 each. The only other decent ones I've see are 17x9 wide versions at $150 from customwheelsmarket:
http://www.customwheelsmarket.com/d28079253.html
I felt 9" would look too wide on the Mark VIII, but I might get them for the T-Bird.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wow - sharp car :)!!!

As per the snakes though - I like them on my Marquis - the black centercap just looks wierd...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>> As per the snakes though - I like them on my Marquis - the black centercap just looks wierd...

Well, I'm just about to leave on a vacation to my rather conservative folks and wanted to spare the grief I'd get with the snakes, and I've also got a set of Lincoln emblems for the caps on the way. But for now, I just used black spray enamal - I first tested it, and it comes right off with paint thinner if I want.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
johnaec said:
>> As per the snakes though - I like them on my Marquis - the black centercap just looks wierd...

Well, I'm just about to leave on a vacation to my rather conservative folks and wanted to spare the grief I'd get with the snakes, and I've also got a set of Lincoln emblems for the caps on the way. But for now, I just used black spray enamal - I first tested it, and it comes right off with paint thinner if I want.
LOL :D! I actually went and told my mother that the snakes were for devil worship :D! Well, she know's I'm a joker, so she took it as one.

I let her know that the snake was a Cobra, off of the Mustang Cobra, which to the Mustang was an emblem of power/speed. It worked on mine - try yours ;).

But yeah - they do look alot better than a chrome wheel would as well. It takes seeing a set in person to appreciate how nice they are - they look kinda dull in pictures, but sparkle/gleam when they're in front of you.

Kevin.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can there be such thing as a Cobra Thunderbird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts