TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not much for drama and such, a few people here who've met me would've heard about it but I don't typically post things too personal. But today is a happy day, an anniversary I'd like to share....with a message.

In January 2010 when my wife was hospitalized I was told my she had 6 months left to live and no hope of recovery without a transplant.

It was such an excruciating and nerve-wracking time seeing her getting worse and worse as the days kept rolling on by and I know full well it was as close to the end as it could ever get in this situation. She was in the hospital that entire time since January, and every day after work I'd make the 30 mile drive to be with her, not knowing how I would ever take the worst of news when I eventually would get them.

But on this very day in 2010 (yes, that six months later) she received the transplant that saved her life. 3 years later today, she is still doing fine.

Our heartfelt thanks goes to the great staff at the University of Wisconsin Hospital as well as to all of our friends and family for their support.
An even bigger "thank you" goes to the family of the donor whomever you are. May you find peace within the memories of your loved one's greatest gift.

If you haven't already done so, I strongly encourage everyone to consider signing on as an Organ Donor. I know certain cultures won't allow it, but if yours does please consider it. You can't imagine how much joy another family feels when their loved one can be saved.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Awesome Kim, great news and blessings happen every day! God bless you and yours bro! :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts