TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
hmm...and the marks just HAPPEN to have that nice open space behind the oh so sexy grill .......

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
but it costs $500 and only works at intersections with a reciever. Maybe for you city folk, but I drive 25 miles to work, and go through ONE traffic light.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
GreenBird said:
but it costs $500 and only works at intersections with a reciever. Maybe for you city folk, but I drive 25 miles to work, and go through ONE traffic light.
I know what you mean, I drive 24 to work each day and have 3 lights.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
interesting device. Now what abou the people going the other way who have greens too? What about when they T-bone you?

Earl

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
copenkagan said:

I know what you mean, I drive 24 to work each day and have 3 lights.
27 and 4 here. They just added one down the road, used to only be 3 lights and a two-way stop of which I was going the direction that didn't need to stop, just slow down to make the turn. :)

I don't see any of the lights I go through turn when an emergency vehicle goes through them. Had a firetruck follow me off the interstate yesterday. He slowed down at the red light and eased out until he was sure everyone stopped. When he made his left turn I made my right since he was blocking traffic for me. ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Earl said:
interesting device. Now what abou the people going the other way who have greens too? What about when they T-bone you?

Earl
From what I'm told it turns the other 3 directions to red and the one your in to green. To bad I don't live up there in troy, that would make driving alot more funner. Now when is Telegraph getting these?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
GreenBird said:

wow, i drive between 1/4 and 1/2 miles to work and i have 4 traffic lights.

Frank

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I'm around the same situation...about a mile, mile and a half depending where on campus I am going, and I go through three or four lights. They don't take long to change, I wouldn't even bother with it.

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
yeah, think about any downtown city. i hope i never have to work downtown. people gun it and get up to 45 when there is a red light 500ft away.
ive watched firetrucks change lights that way, but i never noticed...does it give the yellow light to the other sides? or does it just jump from green to red?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i drive about 8 miles to work, and there are 3 lights.. but when im at work is a different story, i drive anywhre from 30 - 80 miles during work (pizza delivery) that i would love to have one of those things... quicker deliveries for me, which means more deiveries i can take, which means more money... hmmm.. christmas list... -greg

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Here is a web site that makes and sells them. You just have to contact one of thier dealers to get a price. Chris

The MIRT

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
fdawg97lx said:

wow, i drive between 1/4 and 1/2 miles to work and i have 4 traffic lights.

Frank
Geesh, I think I would rather have the 1/2 mile drive everyday. I used to work about 2 miles away from my house, 3 lights, but I decided that Jiffy Lube was teh suck.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
23 miles and 15 lights, lol:leftright

1 - 17 of 17 Posts