TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee works here locally for Carrier Corp and she got with her company and the Today show to set up a donation of a VERY expensive generator for the Indian clinic in Oklahoma city through Al Roker's 'Lend a hand' program.

The clinic had previously lost power at their facility because of a bad ice storm and the extended loss of power shut them down completely where they couldn't provide the needed care for their patients. It also really hurt them terribly in their pharmacy where they lost much of the important medication and other items that needed to be kept at certain temperatures.

Kristie worked to set up the donation of a generator built by her company which will provide power for the entire facility to prevent that from ever happening to them again.

Here is a link to part of the video from that segment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24181353#24181353

I am so proud of her. She is constantly getting involved in things like this and is simply the best person that I have ever met.

Just had to share. And maybe show her off a little in the process ;)

Darrin

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
Awesome!

It's really nice to see people helping people.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
That is great and it is nice to see that. And your honey should be commended for her work!! :thumbsup:

But here's something to think about (just playing devil's advocate here :D ):
Carrier will write that off their taxes as a donation
Carrier received some very good free, national publicity

So while it is great that people in need got what they needed, it is often not as “selfless” as it is let on as.

But again, I think it is great and definitely something they had an immediate need for. And you and your fiancé should be proud!! :bowdown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts