TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
here is the e-mail I sent, and the reply that I got....

You asked:
"You say this is a "special" t-bird. To me, it looks like your typical 1997 V-8 Thunderbird. What makes this a "special" thunderbird? engine upgrades? Suspension upgrades? Your ad is a little misleading unless you state why its special. Also, base engine displacement id 4.6L not 3.8...FYI. Please respond because if there is a significant difference b/t this car and a regular 97, I would be interested."

This T-bird has the police pkg,heave duty tranny,4 wheel disc brakes,dual exhaust,hoses,firmer suspension,was belong to the Government,about the engine is the same,sorry if we placed 3.8 instead of 4.6 was a typo error.

I call BS.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
roflmao....dumbass!

·
8,239 Posts
Real nice car. Real sharp shape, someone go get that one for 2 grand, its worth every penny. The government extras, thats just bs. If it was owned by the government, it was maintained, that is a bonus.

That color is pretty rare, I like it, I don't see alot of it though. Jeez I don't want another tbird but this is making me look at it over and over.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
the front bumper has some scrapes on it, driver and passenger side.

but other than that, its pretty much a bone stock LX v-8

id still drive it

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The part about the warning lights is funny....

"This is how it will look like when you are driving" Every light is on. :)

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
lol, i noticed that too. I dont want all those lights on while im driving...that wouldnt be good.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
AlpineBird said:
lol, i noticed that too. I dont want all those lights on while im driving...that wouldnt be good.
:uppoint: yep might not be such a good idea... but i bet you couldn't drive it real long with all of them on anyway.... ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the title says it has ABS, it doesnt have ABS, the ABS light doesnt light up, in the on position.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Um guys the "how it looks while driving is in reference to the picture above (notice tach) instead of picture below (Key on, Ignition off)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
And if you notice the engine is on in the pic above and not the pic below. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would buy it, because if you look on the 20th pix down, the sticker on the shifter console tells me how to shift by depressing the button.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I called his BS and asked him to pull the build sheet from the rear p-side wheel well and read me the police package part number(s) and the spring numbers that give it the heavier suspension. Also told him his exhaust was not dual, but 2 Ys with single inbetween. Man people like this just tick me off. Good thing he is as far away as he is..............

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here's what I wrote and his response:

"This is a completely stock NPI 4.6L SOHC that produces 210hp. There was no police package for the Thunderbird. Even in your picture it shows that it has stock 97 Tbird exhaust. It comes off the engine as duals in a "Y" and then singles past the fuel tank and "Y's again. It does not have true dual exhaust. This is a bone stock car. It doesn't even have the Sport package with the 3rd brake light delete. State the police package part number(s) please. Also provide the spring part numbers should be listed on the springs. The build sheet should be under the carpet in the trunk on the passenger side right on the rear wheel well. This will provide all the asked for information."

His response:

Thank you for the advice,you were very helpful.Will do the corrections now on Ebay.

Regards

Even_odd

·
Gauge master
884 Posts
I want to know what vacuum they used to clean the carpets. Dang, those stripes are nicer than the ones at Busch Stadium.

Gotta get me one of those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts