TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

I have a 99 Mercury Grand Marquis (Ford Crown Vic) and the rear end is whining like crazy.

I would like to replace the entire rear end as a unit and need help finding one since my little town only has one salvage.

I currently have an open rear end with 3.27s.

I need help finding a good unit with gears pretty close to 3.27s. 98-02 year models will fit from my research.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
5,418 Posts
How far do you want to travel?

We have several Panthers in the U-Pull-It yards within about a 100 mile radius - one chain is at www.uautopullitautoparts.com (they have an inventory list of the cars on site - no list of what diffs are in them, though.)

RwP

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to find something in the east central part of the state (close to Tulsa). Fuel would have to be computed in the price.

But thank you very much for the input.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'll check the local yard here in Parsons (Southeast KS). Its only about 2 hours from Tulsa. If I am reading correctly you want the entire rear axle?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check the local yard here in Parsons (Southeast KS). Its only about 2 hours from Tulsa. If I am reading correctly you want the entire rear axle?
Thank you Traveler.

Yes, I would like the entire assembly.
Mine has 3.27s - air ride (which I do not believe makes a difference) - ABS - Rear disc

I would like to match the gears if possible, but I can swap parts from the old one except the gears which I do not have the tools or experience doing. It just needs to be in good shape as this is my wife's daily driver.

My research shows that 98-02 will swap out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts