TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home this morning, I was sitting at a light, light turns green and as I start to accelerate, I hear one of those trademark not so good sounds coming from the rear of my car. Every gear is neutral for the car now so pushing it home at 2am wasnt that hard.

Just a few minutes ago I got under the car to find out what exactly happened and there is a ton of grease splattered all over the exhaust and the sheild for the gas tank on the drivers side. My best guess is either the halfshaft snapped or I lost some kind of seal that finally let go.

Just curious if anyone else has had something like this happen and if so, what needed to be fixed. tia

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sounds like the CV joint nearest to the greasy spots let go. Time for a new half shaft bud. :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a closer look, it doesn't look like the differential is cracked like yours. Luckly the extended warranty (best idea ever) covers the rear axle. So i'll find out the extent of the destruction tomorrow. Maybe I can get a better pair instead of stock parts :)

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Well, the best route you can take (besides Raxles) is to replace the stock halfshafts with those from a 5-speed SC.

-Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts