TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Traveler and I want to propose a regional meet to be held in Great Bend Kansas sometime in the spring of 2008. We wiil try to get some interest from all the surrounding states. Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Let me know what you think.

Tony

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I can say that Great Bend is used to large automotive meets. The Shelby Owners of America Club has their annual meet there. They have a nice track there. The track is what used to be an airfield so they have lots of room for Autocross type events as well. The hotel that puts up the Shelby owners has a LARGE parking lot so there is lots of room for people AND cars.

I'll get some more info on that and post it when I get it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
See if we can rent the track ;)

If I went, I would probably ride down with someone. Thats a little far for me.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'll see whats possible. But it usually takes some serious funds to rent a track. We'd need some definite commitment to attend from a large number of people.

Now, to find out who to talk to about the track! Tony, you know anything?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I dont know any body and yes you would be talking about some serious money to rent a big track.

I would be happy if they would let us race with each other in a separate class. Pick you own dial in or what ever.

T

·
Registered
674 Posts
So where is great bend? Kansas obviously, but like eastern, central, western? that kind of thing. sounds like fun.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
For those that dont know where Hays is, it is northeast of Wichita. Its not a bad drive if you're doing a caravan.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I looked it up on google. About a 7 hour drive for me, not too bad i guess, i could probably find a better way to go though, google recommends going up to KC then over... Assuming the Budget allows it, i see myself bein there.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I looked it up on google. About a 7 hour drive for me, not too bad i guess, i could probably find a better way to go though, google recommends going up to KC then over... Assuming the Budget allows it, i see myself bein there.
KC is DEFINITELY the long way around!

You'd be better off heading through Joplin to Parsons then 400 to Wichita then up to Great Bend.

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I suggested Great Bend because I am hoping to attract some of the COlorado guys (although the TCCoA guys have not been very respsonsive) to come and it is about half way between Michael and I.

You see we (Traveler & I) have this friendly little rivalry going on. :) I have run with Michael twice at MoKan and we have been about 50/50 on win loss with almost identical times. Now we have both replaced our engines and its time to put up again. He has gone the PI route and I have stayed NPI (except for the cams) and am still using the 94 intake. So we both have a little time here to get our tune adjusted and to talk a little strategy (smack) :).

Get him ready guys. :) Maybe if I am lucky I can get a crew together.

Tony

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Are you the ghost of his LE?

Hi Marilyn. ;)

-Joel

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Tony,

We took the top end apart and I have a warped head, as well as the headgaskets had failed slightly in a couple of areas. Guess putting off that coolant change hit me finally. :(

Still deciding what to do with the car, I think the rust is a deal breaker.

-Joel

1 - 20 of 26 Posts