TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I mentioned this a while back but I gutted my dash. I ripped out the heater core, the evoporator, the blower and the rest of it. I figured I could use that extra space for something but didn't know what at the time. Then today it hit me like a bolt out of the blue! I can customise the glove box to hold a bottle of nitrous. Heres what I want to do. I plan to take the glove box door, cut the back out of it and either mount the bottle right to it or just mount it in the dash behind the door. Then I want to use an electric motor to open and close the glove box door. I'd have a button mounted somewhere on the dash to control it. It would be great for that sleeper look! No one would suspect it to be in the glove box. Best of all the valve would be just in reach.

I also plan to have a blue neon to light the glove box when it opens. I want it to open slow and the light to light up the side of the bottle. I think it would look cool as hell!

What do you guys think? It'll be a while before I am able to do this, right now I am in the middle of droping in the 351w, but I plan to do this mod when I get the engine broke in and I get some cash for the nitrous. I don't know if its been done before or not. I'm sure some one somewhere has had to have thought of it before but you have got to admit, its a pretty sweet idea!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pray you never have a bottle leak... cause if you do.. lots of people will be praying for you. Keep the tank in the trunk.

·
Registered
93 Posts
cool

sounds like an idea at least, i have a suggestion for the blue neon light though....i think you should put a piece of plexi or lexan some place in the glovebox with NOS etched in it, then maybe drill a small hole in one of the sides and put a blue LED in there, only the lettering will show up

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
ehhh... Bad idea nitrous in the divers compartment. I dont believe thats too legal. Wont get onto a NHRA track that way either I am sure.

Later,
jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realy? I have seen cars with the bottles mounted in the back seat before. I plan on sealing the compartment incase it leaks.

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Well double check with NHRA rules. I still agree with phoenix Alot safer in the trunk. Put a amp in the dash spot you have open with neons and such. It would look good and be a little more anti-theft too.

but eh.. its your baby....
:)

Later,
jay

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

That's almost as good as the idea of putting nitrous in a rollcage.

PJ

·
Registered
946 Posts
MY naws mods

i'm gonna get a NAWS steering wheel cover (+20 hp) from autozone!!

was in there the other day getting some detailing stuff (mother's california gold, terry cloths, etc.) when i spotted all this "NAWS" **** and neon lights and generic cd players and wheel covers and exhaust tips. okay so i haven't been in autozone in a while but when did it turn into a ricer's wet dream?!

maybe i'll put a NAWS and VTEC and Type R stickers all across Suzy ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts