TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. In a world of Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and lots of Rice the MN12 is the sexy car that stands out!

2. Women Love them.

3. Rides like a Caddy.

4. Accelerates like a mustang.

5. An amazing history.

6. How many luxary sport cars are a police car, nascar race car, and drag cars (professionally).

7. The Mustangs may have Steve McQueen but we have Grace Kelly and Halley Berry.

8. Aftermarket for engine is the same as Mustang.

9. Lots of engine swap potential.

10. SLEEPER.

11. Killer sound system, and even more potential.

12. Driving Fatigue, whats that?

13. Independent Suspension.

14. Four wheel disc brakes.

15. Safe car.

16. When you get kids you don't need another car to drive them in, (unlike Camaro, Mustang etc.)

17. The greatest history for one car name, THUNDERBIRD (yeah I know a repeat).

18. Reliable.

19. Heavy Car.

20. Nothing is better than telling some guy in a Rice Rocket that he just got his Azz handed to him by a 2 ton luxary car.

21. Climate Control.

22. Amazing seats.

23. Came from the factory with a Super Charger (how many cars have ever had that).

24. All old school car guys respect a Thunderbird.

25. Wide wheel base.

26. You see Rice Mustangs, and Rice Camaros but almost never a Rice Thunderbird.

27. Able to use almost all rims, and can switch spindles to up the options.

28. Like a king size bed on alloy wheels when it comes to F***ing.

29. ENOURMOUS TRUNK.

30. Able to tow more weight than most light trucks.

31. Great gas mileage especially from a 2 ton car with a V8.

32. All weather vehicle.

33. Can make a porsche jelouse with the way it can take corners.

34. Insurance can't be beat for the package you get.

35. A part of an elite brotherhood (Thunderbird Owners, I always get waves from other Thunderbird owners).

36. FORD first tested its DOHC engines in MN12s not Mustangs.

37. Quite if you want it to be, or absolutely evil if you want killer exhaust.

38. Who do you think the hot chick is gonna ride with after a race at the track, the 9 second Thunderbird or the 9 second Mustang? (of course the Thunderbird)!

39. SCCOA!

40. TCCOA!

These are just some of the reasons I thought of on the way home from the gym driving my MN12 please feel free to comment or add more.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I love my Mark VIII cuz

1.) HUGE sleeper

2.) comfy ride

3.) Handles the balls for a big car

4.) RWD!!

5.) Everyone thinks i paid lots of $$$ for it :D

6.) It's more fun smoking ricers in my Mark 8 than in my Mustang

7.) Better gas mileage than my Mustang

8.) Can hold more people and more luggage and be comfortable than my Mustang

9.) Nobody has one

10.)It's pimptasitic

But of my two cars, the Mustang is my baby and the Mark VIII is the fun daily driver

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read in MM&FF that it was a Mark VIII might be wrong will have to check.

·
Registered
80 Posts
One of the First SHOC...

was in a 1960ish or 70ish Gallixy 500. The 427 OHC I believe.

I saw one at the Fab Fords at Knotts Berry Farm a year ago.

AED V8sc

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
exactly, SOHC is not a new concept. but the modular was first optioned in a lincoln town car.

and dont for get our girl Susan Summers in her white '57

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
the best thing i love about my car, is that it attracts zero attention... Only old people check out my car... Punk ricers dont sit next to me and start rev'n, well unless they see the gauges.. then they get curious... but im already chirping second by the time they look up at the light....

·
Registered
277 Posts
as pulled from my own personal (and ever-growing) list of reasons i drive an mn12:

+ 145 rear wheel horsepower (~220 at the crank)
+ 215 ft-lbs of torque (~280 at the crank)
+ 4.6 liters of v8 power
+ i can spin my tires in three gears, how about you?
+ i can do donuts, how about you?
+ my trunk is larger than your engine compartment
+ my engine compartment is larger than your trunk
+ one word: FORD
+ two words: climate control
+ three words: true dual exhaust
+ i'll bet my insurance premium is lower than yours
+ even if i DON'T beat your honda, i guarantee i will win in a head on collision with you

please visit http://njsr.org/mn12/faq/why.php and post YOUR reasons why you drive an mn12! (ignore the tutorial section for now, it's still a work in progress.)

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
What a great thread, AMEN TO IT ALL! I think the #1 reason I love my mn12 is its always been there since I was 16, I have had lots of hair cuts, lots of girlfriends, lots of other daily drivers, several surgeries for broken bones, but I only needed one Mn12 :)

A small tribute!
I love u "Thunder-cougar-falcon-cobra-stang-markVIII-SC-Bird!

·
Registered
277 Posts
son of a! i forgot to finish that comment poster on my mn12 page ... what an ***.

i'll go fix that now.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
#2 in the first post....

i'll definitly second that.. when my car was in one piece, one color, and still ran, all my girlfriends and friends that were girls LOVED the car. and even when it was multicolored and an array of pieces, girls stil loved the ride and handling (i had a 3.8, so not much for accel... but when they would be int he car and id line up with riced civic and waste them... theyd just laugh). and they loved the backseat ;), and how comfortable all the seats were. -greg

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd disagree with a few of the "facts" in the first post, i.e. Halle Berry, but it still holds true. You should just change the title to why the Thunderbird OWNZZZZ.

·
Registered
709 Posts
makes a porshe jelouse when taking corners? I don't know about that one... but Damn I do love Tbirds!

Jake

·
Registered
935 Posts
I love my Thunderbird because it fits me! Sure many other cars are quicker, better looking, easier to mod, but can I ride for hours and not have a sore back? NO! :D

Even when she blows a Headgasket, tire, breaks, you name all the things that have costed me money with this car...I still love it to DEATH! I'm simply a diehard Thunderbird guy I guess.

Oh and the fact that not many people know what the "SC" stands for makes for great fun.

-Tim

·
Registered
724 Posts
They are a whole lot easier, than a porshe, to handle when things go wrong in a corner. It's really suprising how quick those cars want to almost go sidways when you change power input and weight distribution when your set in a corner.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I don't know how many others here are over 6 feet tall, but the mn12 MUST have been designed with the longlegs in mind!!

-Jes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts