TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im not sure what the f*&^ the green vaccume line that comes off the egr valve go. Mine broke removing the eaton m90 to do gaskets. Found it under the car. I have a suspicion that it was previosly broken as there was gaf tape on the line. Where does the other end go so i can get a new line ran?

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
I'm presuming a SC, but year, motor, options may be helpful.

Also, did you check the vacuum diagram under the hood (usually on the core support)?

RwP

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My 95 w/4.6 has one of those. Connects to the EGR vacuum regulator as I recall. Yeah, check the VECI (vehicle emission control information) sticker on the radiator core support. Can look at mine later to be sure. They become brittle after a couple decades for sure. Replace with emission vacuum line, regular vacuum line likely will collapse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, do you know where its routed to? Its next to a red vacuume that was in the same plastic wraped protective cover..

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
As I recall the rubber/plastic connector that plugs into the EVR has the green and the red hard plastic tubing. I forget where the red line goes. I've got some "Vacu-tite" 1/8" O.D. hard emission tubing in a box of various similar stuff, must be the size I used to replace the green line on my car, got it at Advance. My car is out on the street so can't check it now.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts