TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front passenger side wheel makes a groaning noise when I turn the wheel, its only really noticeable at low speeds and when I'm stopped. Also makes this noise when it goes over bumps, but only on that side. I've replaced every front suspension component except for the shocks. It just makes this loud, embarrassing crunching sound and is very annoying, so far is only a complaint with no visible impact on drive-ability so far. The power steering works fine, but you can feel the resistance in the steering wheel when it makes the sound. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thinking it's possibly the lower ball joint.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks guys, I guess I got a faulty part because I replaced both the driver and passenger side lower control arms but only the passenger side one creaks. Looks like I'll go get a new arm with all of the bushings already installed. That would be simpler than trying to replace just one seized ball joint, right?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Word of advice on this , a lot of the newer replacement balljoints don't have a zirc fitting so to remedy this i bought the 14 gauge needle adapter for my grease gun and just squirt the grease in through the boot greasing these up is important it makes steering soo much smoother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts