TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, once I get the insurance money for the 'bird this week, I plan on getting some gfx for the bird. All I want to do is add the SC sides and 95 SC rear bumper cover. The wife wants to see what other options are out there. I know about the Xenon kit, but I cannot stand the way the front air dam looks for the 95. What would be some good ideas for me to try? I already have the new stock front cover, so the stock SC kit would work, but I'm open to ideas. Let the brainstorming commence.

Jay

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I think the options for a 95 bird are:
xenon
erebuni (identical to Xenon)
Supercoupe gfx
GST (I'm not too sure if the make one for the t-bird)
I think that's it. Somebody add to if I'm missing some

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yea I like the Razzi too, I like the SC Kit but I don't like the front bumper cover for it. I only like the front bumper cover from the 89-93 SC's

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey what about the Wings West kit for the 97 will that fit the 95, I like that one alot. I just did a search and saw some pics of it.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Fordman, if you like the 96-7 Xenon front air dam, I think it fits as well... I'm not positive, somebody correct me if I'm wrong please

·
Registered
323 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Fordman, if you like the 96-7 Xenon front air dam, I think it fits as well... I'm not positive, somebody correct me if I'm wrong please
everything will fit. if it doesn't you can make it fit. i have seen a 91 cougar with the 96-97 xenon complete kit on it and it look good.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
ECU_Q said:
Yea I like the Razzi too, I like the SC Kit but I don't like the front bumper cover for it. I only like the front bumper cover from the 89-93 SC's
? Front bumper on 94/95s are all the same.

As for the Wings West fitting a 95? If you do a front end conversion to the 96/97 it'll fit.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Let me ask a question regarding body kits. I am getting the SC side and rear pieces but I am kind of stuck with the front end. I know I would have to convert over to a Thunderbird front end to be able to use the bumper. What front dam should I get? Which one matches the best with the SC ground effects?

Edit: I have the 89 Cougar LS

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the Zenon kit. I was not a big believer of add-on looks at first. The kit is not cheap but it does fit real good, it's easy to put on, it's flexable to the point of no return, when you paint it the car looks like it was born with it, and everyone comments on your car's good looks. I say it's a good to very good mod. You just have to watch the parking wheel stops! But you get used to it. Helps you keep your distance from the other drivers.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, the GST kit and AAS are something I've never seen. I'm not sure how I feel about the 96/97 front end. I like my 95 front bumper a lot more, but that's just me. I am contemplating doing the headlight conversion, seeing as how I have to replace the header panel anyways. Man, so many ideas, so little money, lol...

I don't want to turn this into a ricer car, but make it just a bit different-- a bit more style than the average bird. I haven't seen but 2 birds around here w/ ground effects, and one is a pearl white 95 SC. The other has some broken crap on it that may have been a xenon kit at one time. When I'm done, I'd like to have one of the nicest birds in the area.

I am pretty dead set on the xenon lip spoiler for it. I like the way it just blends w/ the body and slowly rises. I don't like the spoiler w/ supports in the middle. I think the xenon flows more w/ the lines of the car. That, coupled w/ the SC rear, I think would look nice. Subtle, but nice. As far as the wheels, well, that's something I'm going to hold out on until I actually get them (if). Not giving up all of my ideas, lol... Gotta be original to a certain degree.

Jay

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I just saw that. Not really what I'm goin for. The back end especially.

Here is a pic of the Kobel/MCK kit on a 95. I like the front dam area, kinda reminds me of the old drag pack option on the stangs of yore. Can't see what the rear cover looks like tho...

Whatcha think? It will be getting a Cobra cowl hood as well if that helps.

Jay

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The Kobel kit is the same on on Gagfish's car: www.gagfish.com IMO, it's the best-looking one available for 94-95's, although it's not very well made.

·
Registered
598 Posts
SloMo228 said:
The Kobel kit is the same on on Gagfish's car: www.gagfish.com IMO, it's the best-looking one available for 94-95's, although it's not very well made.
Yeah it looks good but make sure you check out the link to Gagfish's car, he details the work. He mention's that it is a 10 piece kit made of plastic, not polyurethane, and that the fiberglassing took about 8-10 hours per bumper! Just imagine fiberglassing 10 different gfx parts and sanding and repeating over and over till the come out smooth

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dam, and that looks bad a** too. Hmm, I guess if I don't mind all the filling and whatnot, then it would work. It does seem to fit the 95 body style better than the xenon front.

Jay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts