TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay
I was looking though Carparts.com and they have a Xenon Air Dam.
And I NEED a new bumper Cause i just go into a wreck.
A enw ford Bumper is 450$ stock. BUT if i buy this XENON one from Carparts.com
its only 350$ Plus it is Alot better looking.
I put my INfo in for a 93 cougar, and it comes up with the picture of the ground effects on a 97 cougar.
Im guessing they Fit right? Sience Carparts.com has them listed under my car?
Okay and my seconde question is.
This Ground effects Front air dam, Is the WHOLE front bumper right?
its not something that connects to the origanal Stock bumper?
what i mean is Will it Exactly Replace my Stock Front Bumper????
Please help thanks alot
Ben
Ps here is the pic From Carparts.com

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
sorry...

the xenon just attacthes to the stock bumper. you wouls till need a new bumper.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn,
are you shure man?
WHouldnt that make the BUmper stick out?
Looks like ima have to buy the ford 450$ one then
Thanks
ben

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumper Cover?

OKay exactly what do you guys mean a Bumper Cover?

Here is a Pic of the Part i need to Replace,
The Plastic Front Peice That says Mercury, I know that is removable Is that the Bumper Cover???
if so then Back to my origanal Question Can i get the Xenon BUmper Cover to replace my Broken one?
ANd do i just remove the Broken one and Put the Xenon in its place? and WILL IT FIT?
I understand there are Rubber Bumpers underneath Which is the actuall BUmper Im not looking to replace those, JUST the plastic Part in front.
i Just need to make shure that one that looks like it is a 97 will fit My car.
Thanks Agian,
Also thanks for the link, That is a good price for a new Fender 100 bucks, i might order the fender from there.
Ben

·
Registered
855 Posts
hey,......

the bumper COVER is the part that you're talking about....basically it's what's seen by other people ... the "shell" that's painted. Underneath it is the bumper ABSORBER which actually takes the impact along w/ the frame. According to what you've implied, you're keeping that intact. The XENON kit it's NOT a replacement bumper. It is an ADD ON to the bumpers of whomever purchases that kit. The OEM bumper remains in place and it's more like a "bumper skirt" (if you look at it that way) similar to a "side skirt". Also, some people call it a "valence" because it's not a total replacement. You'd need to do a full conversion if you want that kit including a new hood and lights and other things that i'm not completely sure of as a whole.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay that answers that noww......

Im just wondering why Carparts.com Whould have that kit listed under a 93 cougar??
Hmmm maybe ill give them a call and try to find out,
Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
164 Posts
On your picture of the white Cougar, the Xenon part starts just under the chrome strips. I don't think the 97 would hook right up. They do make one for the earlier models too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts