TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bull and I are trying to get his 91 3.8 T-bird running correctly since we put in the new motor, but need a little help. It seems that the motor doesn't have the proper grounding since it takes so much power to start and keep the car running. What I need to know is how many ground straps are there and where do they go (connect)?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I just put a motor in mine. The big ground straps are the negative cable that goes on the drivers side engine block, if you hook it to the heads, they are alluminum and dont conduct much. I made that mistake the first time without thinking. I put mine on one of the engine mount bolts to the block. Then there are the coil ground wires on the passenger side towards the front. I havent found exactly where they are supposed to go, so I bolted them together and ran a new wire from them to the block on the passenger side. somebody mentioned a ground on the back of the engine, but I never found that on either motor. Hope this helps some.

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JohnNaas. We got it figured out last night. Now if we could just figure out why it's backfiring....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts