TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some new subs. I want some better subs.. I want LOUD with very very low bass... I've got a 1200w Power Acoustik SPL Series 2 channel amp.. What do I look for in terms of sensitivity and all the other specs?? I've got 2 American Pro's now, and 1 broke and 1 stopped playing.. now I have to take them out again. I could use some help! Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do ya got big cash? If ya do, I would go with some pioneer premiers. Not the all silver ones, not the black ones, but the silver ones w/gold tips on 'em. A friend of mine has had some for a while. Or if you're not a pioneer man, JL makes some very nice subs. Those are my 2 picks. I used to have poweracoustik and I sold (i regret it).

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i would say definitly go with jl's. If you have the money go with 3 jl audio 12w6's thats what i plan on switching to when i get my new car in the spring. Also, i would stay away from the pioneers all together. I had the premeirs with the silver cone and the gold tip. They were very loud but the sound quality was horrible. I was pushing 800 watts rms to them but they are supposed to handle 500 rms each (i had 2) and with the trunk open you could hear the aluminum gold tip hitting the basket (metal hitting metal) also the voice coils are very week. I now have 2 audiobahn 12's with the same amp and although the sound quality isnt the best it is 10 times better than my pioneers ever were. hope this helps.

Frank

·
Registered
60 Posts
Check out the new Elemental K-series subs. 12's are $100 right now on preorder. They look to be very promising subs.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know.. I went by looks also.. Check out this sub.. I thought it looked pretty bad ***, but when I got it home and used them for about 4 months.. they started to give me problems:

They have Great sound.. and they are pretty loud.. but I dunno.. I wanna go with the J: 15w3's... Anyone got any info on the 15w3's???

·
Registered
60 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
I don't know.. I went by looks also.. Check out this sub.. I thought it looked pretty bad ***, but when I got it home and used them for about 4 months.. they started to give me problems:
Sorry, I didn't mean that they just look promising. I meant that that they will definately be better than the old K-series, and the old K's were pretty bad by themselves. $100 for a 12 is a good price too.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh, sorry.. my fault. I'll have to look into the K series more... I really do love the JL and all I hear about them is good stuff. I'm just kind of leary to go with 15's because of their "sloppiness"... My friend had a Cerwin Vega 18" sub and that thing had very tight bass... Any info on JL? or some specs on the K series?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't have the 15s but I do have the JL 12w3s in my car. two of them in a sealed box wit a Rockford 800 amp. It matters what you're lookin for in the sub...I love mine! but now there is a guy in town who has a louder system than me:mad: I have a question for all the bass people here...Which would be better to buy for more bass: the new 15(or something like that)JLw7s or the MTX RFL15?!? or is there a better sub for SPL? I've heard good comments about both, but the MTX sounds more appealing. Also what would be the best amp(s) to run whichever sub I get? I need to gain my rightful spot back as king of this town. Thanks

Wes

ps..Anthrax, i hav a brochure around here somewhere about the w3s, if you want me to scan it and e-mail it to ya, I'd be more than happy to. If you do, e-mail me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Idahoan T-Bird said:
I don't have the 15s but I do have the JL 12w3s in my car. two of them in a sealed box wit a Rockford 800 amp. It matters what you're lookin for in the sub...I love mine! but now there is a guy in town who has a louder system than me:mad: I have a question for all the bass people here...Which would be better to buy for more bass: the new 15(or something like that)JLw7s or the MTX RFL15?!? or is there a better sub for SPL? I've heard good comments about both, but the MTX sounds more appealing. Also what would be the best amp(s) to run whichever sub I get? I need to gain my rightful spot back as king of this town. Thanks

Wes
Yep, the W3's are a pretty good sub. They have good SQ and get pretty loud at the same time. If you want to get them louder, build a bigger ported box for them. That should do the trick for you. However, I wouldn't recommend the RFL's as they are strictly an SPL sub and would sound like crap in a daily driver setup, and the W7's are too pricey for what it is imo. There's much better for the money.

Anthrax- I thought I left a link to the K's, but I didn't. Here it is: http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/kseries.htm 3-yr warranty too, check em out!

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright, thanks for all the info guys! I appreciate it much! Hey, if you can send me an email on that brochure, i would LOVE it! [email protected]
Thanks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts