TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the chrome trim on the top of the passanger side is comming off...like 2 inches of it are sticking out and it looks tacky. Ive tried superglueing it and useing duct tape to hold it down till it dried :rofl: Then drove around all day forgeting I had 20 peices of ductape on the side of my car. How can I get that crap to stay on, it's the most annoying thing ever. I've been thinking aobut useing a tap screw as a last resort cuz' I dont want it coming off anymore.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What trim, the strip in the body side molding? 3M double sided tape is what I would suggest for just about any of it, or 3M trim adhesive, depending on what it is.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
If you're referring to the chrome strip in the trim, as Bangster pointed out, it can be removed.
The trim on my '96 had gotten moisture behind it which quickly lead to black spots. It looked terrible. So, I ripped it all off.
The plastic underneath is almost body color, which is nice because I want to paint it when it warms up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cougarcrager. I think I'll try the 3M and if that doesnt work out I'll take it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts