TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I messed around a little with how I'm going to mount the GT intake assembly (air box + intake tube etc.) today and have a few options for how I want to do it, I'm just not sure which option is best.

1) I have the rubber boot that attaches to the opening in the air box, which I found works well if I run it through the existing hole in the engine bay to hold the air box in its place without my having to secure it with screws or straps. If I decide to go that route though, I'd have to cut off the bottom half of the boot so airflow isn't restricted by the inner fender lining.

2) I can leave the rubber boot off and simply let the air box rest naturally in its place, held in place only by the rigidity of the intake tube.

3) Similar to #2, but I'd find a way to secure the air box with a strap or something.

With all the above options I'd be leaving the area under the fenderwell open to the hole in the bottom of the air box; IE, no air silencer assembly or other tubes. Will there be any problems with that?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I just removed everything from the fender so that there is only a hole into the fender well. Then I stuck the "snorkel" into the hole. That is all. I have driven it in all kinds of weather with no problem.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
snip

1) I have the rubber boot that attaches to the opening in the air box, which I found works well if I run it through the existing hole in the engine bay to hold the air box in its place without my having to secure it with screws or straps. If I decide to go that route though, I'd have to cut off the bottom half of the boot so airflow isn't restricted by the inner fender lining.
That's the method I used. Just trimmed the excess off the snorkel. Holds it in place very well and makes it easy to remove when doing maintenance.

I live in a rainy area, but I hardly ever have to drive thru deep water. No problems.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I just removed everything from the fender so that there is only a hole into the fender well. Then I stuck the "snorkel" into the hole. That is all. I have driven it in all kinds of weather with no problem.
x2 that is the way I have mine

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good fellas, I think I'll opt in for my #1 option then. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts