TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in negotiation with a carbon fiber manufacturer for parts for our cars. He claims that most any part is possible.

So is there any interest in a complete dedicated CAI for either the 94-5 or the 96-7 cars?

What about carbon fiber valve covers? How about a carbon fiber intake ell for the 96-97 cars?

Anything else that you may be interested in?

He will give me volume pricing if I can get enough interested parties

I have talked to him about fenders, hood, deck lid, SC side skirts and bumper covers.

Over on SCCOA there is a lot of interest in interior parts but not enough of the same stuff to warrant a product run.

What do you fellows think?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I bet this stuff gets pretty expensive, but I wouldnt mind seeing a cowl hood for the 96/97's. Not that I could afford it. :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet this stuff gets pretty expensive, but I wouldnt mind seeing a cowl hood for the 96/97's. Not that I could afford it. :D
They should not be that much more than hoods for other cars.

For a small run they would be about 900 shipped, for a larger run say 25 units I could get them down to around 800 shipped.

From just looking around online this would be about 200-300 more than a mass produced piece.

Given the fact that these would be custom parts and small production runs that is not terrible

I can also get fiberglass from the same manufacturer for around half that cost

·
Registered
208 Posts
CAI would be nice t have. You know one that fits well and is a benefit to the car. "Form follows function, If it doesn't make it faster, It doesn't go on the car!" L. Shinoda

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still cast my vote for cf seat frames for sc seats :D

The 94-97 dash and console bezels would be cool too, but would vary between consoles and the 97 cluster
Working on these, the frames should be the same on all models right?

Also checking in to interior pieces.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAI would be nice t have. You know one that fits well and is a benefit to the car. "Form follows function, If it doesn't make it faster, It doesn't go on the car!" L. Shinoda
Yes, I agree 100%. A quality kit with oem quality and that should pick up a little power, although I will not be able to dyno test it unless I can get a guinea pig in the MD area

·
Super Moderator
16,977 Posts
Working on these, the frames should be the same on all models right?

Also checking in to interior pieces.
I stand corrected, I pulled my covers off my stock cougar seats today and interestingly the seatback says...

TAURUS SHO FSB (LH/RH) UNDRILLED

So I guess this means the frames are indeed the same for all models, just need to have the mounts for the bolsters drilled for sc seats.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Would be interested in some interior parts too...

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
hood and trunk hoods would be nifty.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
I like the idea of the whole dash surround
:zwthstpd: I'd be very much interested in a CF dash surround.

I'd also like to see side seat trim in CF. The ones that are increasingly hard to find.

Carbon Fiber would be so much stronger than the plastic that Ford used.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If any of the above mentioned parts get made I'd consider buying some for my car.

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
The deck lids are the same across all years correct?
The Cougar deck lids remained the same from 89-97, however the Tbird decklid changed for the 92 model year when the car received the LED taillight panels.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
If you used later model tail lights the newer deck lid would bolt on I take it?
it would suck but if its the only way to get it i wouldn't mind i need new tail lights anyways

1 - 20 of 34 Posts