TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning I am going to cash in about 15 pounds worth of loose coins. Anyone want to take a guess at how much they're worth?

The coins are haphazardly distributed amongst pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. There are no dollar coins or half-dollars.

I'll post up the results mid-day tomorrow.

Later,
John

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
$124??

Jay

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
$174.23

I have a 5 gallon glass jar that I have always filled with change. I've always cashed it in way before it reached the top because I needed money, lol. About a month ago I finally filled it up! I think it weighed in at about 30lbs and totaled out to $365.99. I wanted to have some fun with the money, but ended up spending most of it on bills :(

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
So you killed your local CoinStar machine, eh? :tongue:

Jay

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
$245.93

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn it I woke up really late again today. (Stupid unemployment!) I'm gonna run some errands now and go get that taken care of.

Hopefully I won't have it all spent before I get home.

John

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it was $142.33.

Perhaps I was penny-heavy this go-around. Man I made so much noise in that bank that it was embarrassing. I had to call someone over to unload the bags too because I filled one of them up.

Now... what can I do with $142.33? :D

John

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
jwcalla said:
Well it was $142.33.
That was after Coinstar took their Fee amount ?? You should have rolled it up and took it down to the bank.

I usually keep my pennies seperate from the silver change.

- Dan

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not bad for spare change, I had $75 in the glovebox of the Ranger once with nothing bigger than a quarter.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
SCTbird1994 said:
That was after Coinstar took their Fee amount ?? You should have rolled it up and took it down to the bank.

I usually keep my pennies seperate from the silver change.

- Dan
The banks I am associated with both let you bring loose change and the machine will count it (no charge.) I keep my change in a coffee can, I always feel kind of funny walking in with my can full of change :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts