TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting true dual exhaust done on my car tommorrow...and for only 200$ anyone else here have true dual and if you do how much better does it sound than the regular exhaust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
man thats beautiful

i cant wait to hear what it sounds like!!! :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Duals in Ohio

Sound like a good deal !!!

Will they be installing an X or H pipe?
What brand of Mufflers ??
Using original hanger locations?
Could you post pictures ?
Name and Phone # of exhaust shop?

Nosey !!! Aint I === I live in Vermilion
Ohio and have been interested in a
true dual set-up !!!!

Thanks [email protected]
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is a good price...

...for true duals. I imagine that they are going to use compression bends as opposed to mandrels. Also, I dont imagine that the price includes mufflers does it? When I got mine done a couple of years ago, the sound was great. I also had my third cat and resonator cut off, and had Dynomax mufflers installed in the stock locations. The one thing that I neglected to do was have either an X or an H pipe installed. What are you going to do? What mufflers are you going with, and what size pipes? Good luck, and you will be happy with it.

Now with Flowmaster 40's...(not a good pic)

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Be sure to give us pics of your true duals setup when its done.

And Nick, your bird is haunting me! I really like the way your exhaust tips poke out from under the Raxxi gfx. (Am I the only one that actually LIKES Razzis skirts?) Mine just has chrome turn downs poking out.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
When I swapped the motor I got duals with an x and flowmasters. I have some exhaust pics along with my engine swap pics. The film returns on Thursday and I will post all pictures then. The exhaust I had done is very similar to that seen here though:
http://www.speedfreak.cc/products/texhaust/
but having it done at a shop it is not mandrel bent and it was half as much with better mufflers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got the ART true dual and have Mac Flowpaths at the back and it sounds incredible. I like the fact that it's deep because of the Mac mufflers but it has that high pitch scream of the o/r X pipe. The ART system is top quality, and once I get the new motor in (if ever, hopefully by the end of this year) I will be taking the rear section off and putting Dynomax Race bullets dumped right before the axle. I could tell a difference up top without the Mac's, so bullets are my logical choice. Jgersin04 you will never go back to a single pipe setup once you hear the duals;)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
hey, another ohio guy..with duals. That makes 3. I have dual 2.25" and it sounds awsome. I made the system and set it up so that I can remove the mufflers with 4 bolts, then it sounds Fkin mean. Keep in mind though, you'd make more torque on a smaller exhaust, what size pipe are they using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts