TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it will be national news worthy, so I guess I'll inform everyone.

Today at High School at around 1p.m. two boys got into a fight. This is a normal thing in my school and I wouldn't be putting this up here if this were it. The scary thing that happened is that one of the boys grabbed a knife from under his shirt and stabbed the other boy 4 times. Hes in critical condition and may die because one of the cuts was made in the area that doctors pull blood from at the elbow. The others were one in the kidney, one in the stomach, and one in the back. I don't know if I want to go to school tomorrow, I'm scared that the gangs might start something more serious.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
were these hispanic gangs or black? What was the fight over?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was one hispanic boy and one african american boy. The hispanic one is the one with the knife and the other is the victim. I'm not 100% sure what the fight was about, but a good guess would be drugs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, it's sad. I'm out of HS thank god, but 4 years ago we had a kid get stabbed in the back a few times while in the middle of class, don't know what that was about..

Then about a month later there was a huge brawl in the cafeteria over yes, drugs, a kid got thrown through a 2nd story window :eek: and a bunch of other unpleasant details...

There's no perfect solution but I happen to think a big part of it is overcrowding. When I was in school we had somewhere near 2 1/4 times the intended capacity, that's 4500 kids in a school built for 2000. The overcrowding extends to other schools too, like the ones for the Outreach programs where some of the kids in gangs and with bad records go. Hence alot of them are turned away and get zoned for other schools like mine.

With that many people in a building, security and safety becomes a major issue. Even with the 15 or so security guards we had, the police patrols outside, and the ID checks, I still remember seeing kids from other schools just walk in to our building off the street through a back exit or something.

I hope the guy lives, perhaps he will learn a valuable lesson about the paths we choose in life. And watch your back, too :leftright

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes but unfortunately not a viable one :(

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
damn.. the highlight fights at our school were cat fights that EVERYONE including the teachers/principal watched as they tore each others clothes off..

hehehe

i only got in one fight at school.. i ended it in 15 seconds by throwing him into a wall.

he got suspended for starting it..... i got nothing (was well liked/known by staff)

we had 1 kid expelled for bringing a BB gun to school.. i used to carry a 6" bowie knife.. and a multi-tool w2 4" blades.. but i had an electronic class and needed to use it....

i um.. had to stop bringing those to schoola bout the time the Columbine shootings happened.. at least they didn't stop my from bringing my duffle bag...

people are stupid...

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Public schools....been there, seen that, GLAD to be out of there.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I hated high school, this one kid got in a fistfight my senior year with a freshman, FIST FIGHT, and he cracked the kids skull, basically pummeled him while he whimpered on the ground, ended up going to jail. Over some ugly B*tch too!

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
:eek: Jeez! I thought the high school that I went to was bad, with our pregnant freshmen, and our high as kites cheerleaders. I don't think there was ever a fight there while I was there that involved any kind of a weapon, other than a book or a desk, and definetly no one thrown out of the window! That's insane! Where do these people get this crap from?! High school is not that big of a deal. At the time it seems like it, but, jeez! I hope when my son starts kindergarten a few years down the road, I won't have to be suiting him up in a rock jacket and a full face helmet!

--Molly

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I dont know what the solution is to these problems...maybe stop supporting public schools so that they dont make as much money, then maybe it will become more about the students needs rather than the financial end of it, and then maybe things will improve. There needs to be some incentive to not do things you shouldnt...for example, student does something bad, student is kicked out of school for xx amount of time. the student generally isnt saying "Aww man, I really wanted to stay here and learn, shucks"

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i forgot the biggest outbreak at the school..

some kids decided to go Atheist and rip apart a bible.. they got RUSHED by half the school.. the entire basketball team was suspended

During a soccer game against a rival school... the rival school JV's team started a fight w/ our JV team.. then their Varsity team jumped in, and our Varsity team jumped in and kicked all their asses (they were 90% brazilian. heheeh).

people are stupid

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
And we really wonder why the rest of the world thinks America is as stupid as you can get? Our public schools are obviously a joke.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's not the schools themselves, it's the fact that we let everyone in. The people like those mentioned in the above posts that cause all this trouble wouldn't even be in high school in most countries. That's also why American test scores seem so much lower than those from other countries. The U.S. sends everyone to high school and treats everyone like they are college bound, which is absurd. In most other countries, only the top 25% of students or so actually go to high school, while the rest go to trade school or enter the workforce. This also causes the teachers to have to teach to the lowest common denominator because the mentality of school administrators is that if too many students fail, it's not because the students are not mentally capable of doing the work but that the teacher is doing their job inadequately. Luckily our colleges and universities do not have this mentality and are perfectly willing to weed out the students that are unwilling or unable to do the required work.

Kenny

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
truth is, today, no one can really get a life without college. You'll be stuck working 60 horus a week at a McDonalds. And McDonalds sucks. Businesses and Companies are requiring more and more education from people every year. Last year, my sr year in highschool, I was looking at a nice easy 2 years of criminal justice majoring at a community college and now I have to go for a friggin 4 year degree. Pisses me off. I would NOT get a police job if I only took 2 years of school. So if the Government doesn't let people into their schools, who will take care of them? We deffinetely don't need more low cost housing, or the people to go with it.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
AverageJoe said:
And we really wonder why the rest of the world thinks America is as stupid as you can get? Our public schools are obviously a joke.:rolleyes:
Don't categorize every public school by the one you went to. There are many public schools that are BETTER than the private schools that people pay thousands for. I went to one of them.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
It's not just the ones he went to, IMO all of Americas schools are a joke as a whole. The majority of them just suck. Plus the god factor has been taken out but I won't even get into that argument.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 51 Posts