TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Iarocci will be a guest speaker for the 1st Annual BTM Fall Invitational in Kansas City.

Michael Iarocci has a degree and background in mechanical engineering (the car interest is simply hobby related) with about 30 years experience in cryogenics and low temperature refrigeration, he will be offering information applicable to compressors (superchargers and turbos) to the internal combustion engine.

He also has a working knowledge of thermodynamics allowing evaluation of work (horse power requirements) to drive these items, or entropy production (lost work), such as is produced from a compressor due to its efficiency rating, which is all applicable to automotive engines. Incidental to these types of systems it's natural to get involved in related sub-systems e.g., compressors, piping, and heat exchangers. His knowledge will shed insight into the workings, theory and principal of our vehicles and their operation. He will be on hand for the weekend at the event and available to ask questions and discuss theory, ideas etc. His son, Christopher Iarocci (one of our sponsors) will be attending with him.

The 1st Annual BTM Fall Invitational will be held at Kansas City International Raceway on September 21, 2002. The event will consist of a Show-n-Shine, Trade Show and Bracket Race.

If you own a SC or any other MN12 or Ford product you are invited to attend. Because of space limatitions we ask that you pre-register as soon as possible.

More information is available at the event website at: http://www.albeedigital.com/midwest

We'll SCya there!!!!

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
When he is going to speak? During evening dinner or what? Just wondering...

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The time is not set yet. There may be other guest speakers too .......... Watch for more exciting news coming soon!

For those of you who haven't signed up yet, you better hurry .........

And BTW: There are only a few rooms left at the host hotel ..........

Visit the 1st Annual BTM Fall Invitational Website at: http://www.albeedigital.com/midwest

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At last count, I think there were only 10 rooms left at the Comfort Inn.

When you call down there, remember to tell them that you are with the Super Coupe club. They have another group in the hotel that weekend and the hotel is booked solid.

Phone numbers and the other hotel information is at our website at: http://www.albeedigital.com/midwest

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
Yeah - when I called and wanted a room, they said they were booked until I said I was there with the SC Club and then they had a room for me. Waiting for September 20th - the last meet was fun, can't wait for the next.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Melon said:
Yeah - when I called and wanted a room, they said they were booked until I said I was there with the SC Club and then they had a room for me.
When these rooms are full, we will be looking for other blocks of rooms in hotels/motels around the same area ..... But keep this in mind, most of the group activities will start or be held in the courtyard and pool area of the Comfort Inn.

Judging from the meet in April, you will want to be as close to the action as possible. I went to the ice machine (I was gone less than two minutes) and I missed some cool $#_t.

This could very well the event of the season.

We have people coming in from New York to California ...... Some of the name are legendary, and the list grows almost daily.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey, thanks for reminding me, I forgot about reservations. Well I got my room and will see you all then. (maybe it won't rain all weekend this time)

·
Registered
250 Posts
forcfed93 said:
At last count, I think there were only 10 rooms left at the Comfort Inn.

When you call down there, remember to tell them that you are with the Super Coupe club. They have another group in the hotel that weekend and the hotel is booked solid.

Phone numbers and the other hotel information is at our website at: http://www.albeedigital.com/midwest
im not too worried about the rooms, I'll be living in Lee's Summit by then. I wanted to know how many of the 250 spots for that Saturday are left.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are still plenty of spots open for the show. But I expect them to fill fast as we go through August.

Most people tend to wait until about a month before the event before registering. This is so that they are more sure of their schedules, I guess.

·
Registered
250 Posts
okay thats good i wanted to wait till next week, cuz i dont get paid till thurs.

question - does all the KCIR stuff occur on that Saturday?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OnE-SaD-BirD said:
question - does all the KCIR stuff occur on that Saturday?
There will be things going on for the guy who show up on Friday, but, the main event is Saturday. If you get there on Friday, we will be getting together. If there is enough interest, we will be putting a dyno run together and there is also going to be a "mods garage" set up for whoever may want to make some quick mods before Saturday. EMS, BTM and others are going to offer discounts on their products if you take delivery at the show. They will have people on hand to show you how to install their products. If you want to do the mods, we need to know in advance so we can make room for you (or others). We are looking into a shop close to the Hotel for this.

If interested, contact Paul at BTM. His info is listed on the Website.

(Follow link below)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts