TCCoA Forums banner

Gun sales

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  schlarmanm1 
#1 ·
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=141693

One of you guys that knows the laws better might want to have a look. I know of several sites that do not allow gun sales for legal reasons. Personally I am all for it and I wouldn't mind having it but I don't want to see anyone get in trouble over it.

Alan

#2 ·
Checking through the club rules, firearm sales on the forums aren't forbidden but not recommended.

Marketplace Rules

Firearms are best sold through legal channels only. The laws are pretty strict concerning buying and selling firearms. In most cases interstate buying and selling of firearms without a FFL is not legal. Check your local, state and federal laws. Questionable ads, even if it may be legal, will be removed without warning.

All For Sale posts need to be Thunderbird, Cougar or Mark VII / VIII related or somehow related to the TCCoA website. This means only posts with parts for sale for a MN12/FN10/Fox or tools/supplies related to working on them. Since this site and club is mostly computer-centered, we will also allow the sale of computer hardware. Just don't abuse this allowance and make us ban computer stuff too. So please no ads for items like home stereos or paintball guns etc. If you post such ads they will be removed.

Joe

#3 ·
I too am also for it. I do and don't see why it might be illegal to sell firearms over an internet forum. That being said I believe handguns are illegal to sell over the internet being that they have to be registered to the owner. Meaning full background checks and such (no matter whether the firearm is new or used.) Rifles on the other hand (including assault rifles like AR-15's) do not have to be re-registered for ownership during a private party exchange. That is to say as long as the rifle is not a class 3 firearm (fully automatic rifles must be registered with ATF) and that the purchaser of the used rifle knows the laws of his state. Some states do not allow the ownership of assault rifles of large caliber (.223 or .308 for example maybe illegal but .22LR is ok)

Here in California it is only legal to own a AR-15/AR-10 (.223/.308) that is no shorter than 30" long from muzzle to stock and must be equipped with the ridiculous bullet button.

#4 ·
To anyone considering this:

A FFL is required to legally sell a firearm across state lines, period.

You can transport your personal guns, but don't sell them while you're there without serious consideration of the laws. :)

And don't ask where to check your carry gun in NY, lol. ( I<3 TN nurses.)

You typically have to have a shop (FFL holder) send it to a shop (FFL holder) for someone to pick up for most legal sales across state lines.

Don't accidentally commit a Federal felony, it's a bad idea. :)

Here in Tennessee, I can get a license for freaking anything; by paying the taxes and following the rules. :)

#6 ·
So if a seller was to sell his rifle in his state to a person not from the sellers state, is that legal?

#9 ·
D. A. D. T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.