·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I have got 2 guns thank you very much?:D

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Thought id throw up a pic of my girls.

1. Remington 870 Express Super Mag (3 1/2in shells)
2. Ruger .22 with scope and 50 rnd clip (my target/squirrel gun)
3. Daisy pellet gun (backyard pests :D )

·
Registered
258 Posts
guns

Ooooooh, i was waiting for this firearms thread to open up :D

Here's my guns.
1. remington .270
2. savage arms .17
3. remington 12 gauge

and my BB guns :)

and hopefully i add the savage arms .300 mag to the collection on memorial weekend. from a single gun raffle on my birthday. that would be a great b-day present :)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i've got a m1 garand, springfield 1903 and a mid 50's era belgium browning semi-automatic 12 gauge. oh and i do have armor piercing and tracers in 30-06 for the rifles :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think I'd feel a need to take the bedside shotgun down to the basement for a good cleaning and oiling about the time her date showed up if I were ever to have a girl.

That, or it'd be a re-enactment of the scene from bad boys II. :D
Actually did that with my oldest daughters boyfriend turned fiancee. He had just gotten back from basic training and was telling me about how fast he had to break down the berreta and re-assemble to pass. He said "you are into guns aren't you"? I stopped bringing them out to show him at 12 guns as I was explaining how important daughters are to a father, especially the 1st born. Stripped my 9mm Taurus down to the trigger assembly and put it back together (in 1/2 the time the army required to pass basic) while explaining to him how seriously I would take him not providing for my daughter to the standards she was accustomed.

The two of them (both together with others but still close friends) still laugh today how "reasonable" it was for them to re-think the engagement idea what with him going of to the great unknown of Army life (he was stationed in Hawaii), etc. There is more than one way to use your weapons! :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
ttt

by the way, i am looking at getting a new handgun, havent had one since i got rid of my Ruger P89. i shot my cousins S&W Sigma .40 a little bit, but seemed like it jumped all over the place. i see a couple of you guys are rocking sigma's, what do you think of them? i thought they were pretty light on the bottom and it kinda threw me off, especially if i was switching between the ruger and the S&W.

·
Registered
457 Posts
yeah, i think i remember the trigger on that .40 being the same way now that you mention it. he has since sold it to somebody else that wanted it as a carry weapon for the aux. police force in Pekin (IL).

later this year i am going to get my wife a little .22 pistol for her to plink with...not sure what i am getting her yet though.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
My personal recomendation for a .22 plinking pistol owuld be a Browning Buckmark. I love the one I've had a chance to shoot, can plink a 7x12 piece of steel all day at 50 yards with it. Also, they make a Buckmark Rifle which could be handy since you'd already be familiar with the Buckmark.

Another one that a lot of the ladies that come out to the range love to shoot is the Walther P22. Not a bad little pistol for plinking, just a little maintenance intensive and can be finicky with some ammo. If you've got bigger fingers/hands, you may not be able to get your middle/ring/pinky fingers all wrapped around the grip (a little short).

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
sigma

ive got a sigma 40. first let me say that i run the 14 round magazine and a wolf metal guide spring rod with wolf springs on it and in the mag. it was cool at first, but it is really not that accurate at any kind of distance (strictly home defense). you can tell this before you even shoot it by the fact that the barrel is loose in the slide. also, after about 2500-3000 rounds with very regular and thorough cleaning, it has begun jamming between 2 and 10 times per magazine. that is even after replacing the springs. bottom line: just spend a little more cash on something a little more reliable unless you wont fire more than say 2000 rounds through it in its service life and just want to blast some rounds.

-john

·
Registered
457 Posts
think i have what i want, now i just have to find one around here decently priced. looking to get another Ruger P89. I loved the one I had before, and wish I had never gotten rid of it (money issue early in my Navy career). I went out price shopping today, got one out of a case and fell back in love with it.

local ones seem priced high though (450-500ish) and i hate to pay that because i know what i paid for the first one (320 out the door in IL). I have found some online through gunbroker for low to mid 300's, but the only FFL that is local wants to charge 105 dollars for the transfer. so i am bargain shopping the area now. there is a gun show here in a couple of weeks, if i dont have a solution by then, that is probably what i am going to do.

btw, sorry for the thread hijack.

jamie

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
local ones seem priced high though (450-500ish) and i hate to pay that because i know what i paid for the first one (320 out the door in IL). I have found some online through gunbroker for low to mid 300's, but the only FFL that is local wants to charge 105 dollars for the transfer. so i am bargain shopping the area now. there is a gun show here in a couple of weeks, if i dont have a solution by then, that is probably what i am going to do.
If you're planning on leaving CA anytime soon, I'd say wait until you leave the communistic state to buy one where you'd need an FFL to transfer it. In Illinois, my mail carrier is an FFL and is transferring my AR lower for me for $10.

btw, sorry for the thread hijack.

jamie
I think that's what this thread is here for, so the TCCoA GC would stop hijacking other peoples threads.

·
Registered
457 Posts
unfortunately, not leaving the republic of kalifornia any time soon, so i think i am going to have to suck it up and just fork over the dough

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Gotcha. Good luck with the P89, I handled a P90 when I was looking at different .45's, the only thing I didn't like was the magazine release was hard to find. You gonna look for a aluminum framed version or a polymer frame?

ETA - Nevermind, the poly was the P95.

1 - 20 of 813 Posts