·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
726 Posts
Jurgen said:
everyone is hateing me now caz of what i said at the chat .
If you said something rude or insensitive, it would be little wonder why, but I did not see what you said, so I can not possibly put forth an opinion.

But as to the actuall subject of this thread...
Just. Wow. Makes a very strong arguement against drinking and driving, eh?

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
o i said it at the chat , i said go out and get hit , meaning if that was me i would rather die then live like that .u tell me if i am wrong would someone want to live like that .they just got mad at me saying i shouldt think like that .
Jurgen

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Truthfully I getting tired of constantly being told "Don't Drink and Drive" and I bet others are just ignoring it too. If you are always complaining about little things, no one is going to listen after awhile and when something major does happen they won't listen then either.

If you want to stop drunk driving, become a cop, a bartender, or a poltician. Just saying "don't drink and drive" doesn't do jack and it gets annoying.

P.S. I've been drunk twice in my life, both times when I spending the night.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
GreenBird said:
Truthfully I getting tired of constantly being told "Don't Drink and Drive" and I bet others are just ignoring it too. If you are always complaining about little things, no one is going to listen after awhile and when something major does happen they won't listen then either.

If you want to stop drunk driving, become a cop, a bartender, or a poltician. Just saying "don't drink and drive" doesn't do jack and it gets annoying.

P.S. I've been drunk twice in my life, both times when I spending the night.
Yeah I think it is a bad choice, but like you said, you can't really stop it unless you are a cop or whatever. I will only drive after drinking if I haven't dranken that much, and the place I normally will drink at is only 3 minutes away from my place. SO if it's a long distance, I don't care how much I have drinkin, I wait till I sober up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don't remember exact specifics, but a vast majority of accidents are within 5 miles of home. So keep in mind that distance vs. how much someone has had isn't a valid arguement. Granted if your plastered and are driving a distance of 50 miles, the chances are better of being in an accident, but it will probably be in that last 5 miles of driving. If you're gonna have 2 beers at a party, make sure it's within the first 2 hours and you stay at least 4. People think 1 drink an hour, well it's more like 1 hour, 20 minutes. And tolerance is BS. The night I though I was fine to drive, I blew a .08. In GA, that's the legal limit. There was no accident, nobody else invovled. GA is a state where they can pull you over and tell you to drive safe and have a goodnight.
That was over 12 years ago. Can't say I haven't been drunk since, but I do know that just "feeling okay" isn't a reason to drive ANYWHERE!

That's my .02

Michael

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
actually, I think people should be constantly reminded... I'm not one to say I havent drove intoxicated before... But still, Everytime you get smacked in the face, at least one of those times might wake up on person... Out of all the "Don't Drink and Drive" things I've seen, that has to be the one that made me think the most... You usually figure that someone could die, but just imagine having to go through the rest of your life like that.... That is just horrible.... That poor beautiful girl... Over something she had no control over.... So sad man... so sad... I don't know how that kid can live with himself, the guilt would kill me alone...

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Jurgen said:
o i said it at the chat , i said go out and get hit , meaning if that was me i would rather die then live like that .u tell me if i am wrong would someone want to live like that .they just got mad at me saying i shouldt think like that .
Jurgen
I'm also sorry because I sure wouldn't want to either, no question.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
flewthecoupe said:
Don't remember exact specifics, but a vast majority of accidents are within 5 miles of home. So keep in mind that distance vs. how much someone has had isn't a valid arguement.

That's my .02

Michael
Well since you start and finish at home almost every day, that makes sense. I bet if you were to use a stat like "accidents per mile driven" for each road you'd find that the road you live on is safest because you know it.

However, the distance thing is a valid point. You can just as easily drift into the other lane as pull out infront of someone from the bar parking lot.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wow.
That really puts a new perspective on my life.
What a sad story. I am moved. I think that everyone should see this.

danman

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats just horrible....That girls story has been in my head for like 2 days. I bet the kid who caused the accident is in prison now though. On the movie it said her two other friends died. He was drunk...if you kill some one driving drunk it is man slaughter. He is paying his price for a supid A$$ decision that ruined a girls life. She must be a strong person to know what she has to wake up to in the mirror every day. That punk A$$ kid who hit them makes me sick to my stomach.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts