TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should of posted this a long time ago, but here it goes.

I never posted much. Maybe like 5 post? Forgot my count. Reading the forums here did give me plenty of help to maintain my car though.

Anyways, I sported a 1995 Ford Lincoln Continental for a few years of my life. It was my first car given to me by my stepdad. Great car, awesome luxury and superb power for stock.

Sadly, a couple of months ago. The car has been sold for about 2.5k in great condition near 100k miles. IMO, I should of conviced my stepdad to sell it for more and not to sell it to the people we did. I shall not express my opinions about the people to whom we sold the car too.

I've purchased my very own car, with my own money. Wish happens to be (puts on flame suit) a Nissan. 1995 Nissan 240sx 5sp Base model. Now PLEASE, don't say squat about this FNF:Tokyo Drift BS. I've wanted this car before FNF was even thought of. I shall not rice, but will make nice. If anything for the body, it will be acceptable rims and a good clean paint job. I'm more of an interior guy anyways. Inside of the car is like the inside of your body, your soul! :p Car is going to be very subtle. I plan to make it usuable for track competitions such as AutoX and of course drifting tracks.

I really miss the Continental, but that car had too many bells and whistles. They where starting to go. Car was costing more to maintain then it should of. Quote from my stepdad, but I agree with him. Traction control was a killer too, disliked it and it got to a point where it wouldn't turn off. Car had more Pros than Cons though.

Lets all pray and make sure the new owners are d-ckin around with it and doing bad things in them. If I see those people messing around in that car or mess it up. They're getting it. I think I still have the spare key somewhere and I know the key lock combo ;). hahaha

You never knew me, but still I suppose.

Miss ya much Continenty! lol

Sincerly,
-Travis, former proud 95 Ford Lincoln Continental Driver.

/salutes

Ps. Man that car had a very nice sound system too. Wish I could of taken it out and put it in my new car haha.

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
Well...?

Now that we've got that off of our chest. Good luck with the 240sx.

Welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well he thanked you all for the help the forums gave him with the Conty and was sad it was sold and he was expressing some guilt and getting it off his chest. Just saying goodbye the best he could. I say good luck and come back soon with an american V8 as those front wheel drives are a pain and even if it is a RWD they are a pain!

·
It is nice
885 Posts
"Lets all pray and make sure the new owners are d-ckin around with it and doing bad things in them."

" I think I still have the spare key somewhere and I know the key lock combo . hahaha"

I was kind of torn between him wanting us to PRAY for his car to be d-ckin around in, and wanting us to encouraging him to use his spare key to make sure it got d-ckin around in :D

just kidding good luck with your new car. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe

I posted in this forum 'caused I failed to find a somewhat off-topic forum or General Forum. And thanks "sweet99" for clearing it up for some people! Mis-reads happen and yeah, it was a pointless post to a point.

Hm, did see a Conty on my way to work earlier. Couldn't help it, but I had to get closer and check it out. Was it wrong that I played poser-cop in a Conty? I never pulled anybody over, but everytime somebody would do something wrong or speed past me, I'd get behind them and they INSTANTLY slow down or start driving normal again. Lol, training I guess. Police force in a year or two. Be driving a Crown Vic then! :cool: :D

Btw, I have thought about doing the LS1 swap for the 240 though. ;)

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
TravisW said:
Hehe

I posted in this forum 'caused I failed to find a somewhat off-topic forum or General Forum.
"Miscellaneous" comes to mind.

Good luck...

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Oh don't worry about it. I made some fairy decent blunders here. :rofl:

·
Registered
406 Posts
sweet99 said:
Well he thanked you all for the help the forums gave him with the Conty and was sad it was sold and he was expressing some guilt and getting it off his chest. Just saying goodbye the best he could. I say good luck and come back soon with an american V8 as those front wheel drives are a pain and even if it is a RWD they are a pain!

240SX's are RWD. I wish Nissan still built them.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Eh, not a bad choice for your next car. I don’t know if it was in a need of a tune up or what, but my friends 240sx is kind of turdish in the acceleration department. Turned repeated 17’s in the ¼ mile!

I know of something that could change that

Cough* cough* SR20DET cough :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is no longer a point in SR20DET's for the 240sx. The KA's have gotten a huge aftermarket following and with it being 2.4L to SR's 2.0L makes it a more favorable option. For the price of getting a SR and make it work in the 240 you might as well spend some money on refreshing the KA or getting a low mileage one from a junk yard and slap on a turbo kit, which will make you faster than a stock SR and will rend you money left over for further upgrades. The only engines that still make a swap worth the money and aggravation are the RB25DET and the RB26DETT. Whatever you do have fun.

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Auf Weidersien

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just search and use another goodbye thread. I'm leaving after my last purchase goes through, it is time for me to move on and deal with the issues surrounding my Regal. So thank you and good night.

--Steven aka "redneckcougarguy"

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
TravisW said:
Was it wrong that I played poser-cop in a Conty? I never pulled anybody over, but everytime somebody would do something wrong or speed past me, I'd get behind them and they INSTANTLY slow down or start driving normal again. Lol, training I guess. Police force in a year or two. Be driving a Crown Vic then! :cool: :D
Sounds like your well on your way to being the a$$hole cop you wanna be. ;)

Grow up. Following strangers around is childish bullshyt. What are yo going to do when one of them flees and smashed into a minivan at the next intersection, stop and owe up to what you've caused or just keep driving with a sheepish grin on your face? :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts