TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought so anyway.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=344209

I found myself laughing, and agreeing with alot of them.

My favorite quote:

"Sure they're ugly so are buicks I never see people *****ing about all the ugly buicks driving around. " But does that apply to ricers too?

ha ha

It's also funny how you "Bring a Thread Back From the Dead!", and it's only been 2 days! :D

P.S. There are no moderators on, so we can post what we want.
:leftright

LOL J/K, we'll be good... :leftright

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ohh I hate those things. :boom:

When they first came out I was almost hit by a soccer mom when I had to hit the brakes for a person turning in front of me. The soccor mom had to ditch her H2 to keep from rear ending me.

It's like they forget they are driving a 5000+ truck and are in there camerys or something that dosent take a football field to stop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been driving military style hummers for about 5 years now. They suck. I don't know why anyone would want one. It has no acceleration and is always broken. I have never seem a hummer that didn't leek something.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Military Hummers do suck, but understand why. The engines are rebuilds and are really crappy. I drove the old civilian model with the 6.5 Liter Diesel, and it rocked, had plenty of torque. It was never intended to be sold to the public, it was made to go almost anywhere, and as the owner (I'm signed for it, that counts right?) of a military model, I can tell you mine will go almost everywhere. I've had it submerged in water up to my chest while sitting in the seat, and it just kept chugging along. The main problem is maintenance. Noone is willing to spend the time and effort to keep theirs going strong. Mine will squeal the tires from a dead stop on dry pavement. If you want to get a little more power out of it, try turning the injector pump up a little. It helps that I have a soft top highback, the lightest one, and they just replaced the engine with the 6.5 out of the armored ones that weigh about 1,000 lbs more. It's a fun ride, and it got me all the way through Iraq and back with no problems, so I thank it every time I go to the motorpool.

p.s. Mine doesn't leak a drop anywhere, and it's build date was June 1985.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I thoroughly hate SUV's, especially Hummers. The only people that need those things are those that need the 4x4 abilities because they live in a really snowy area or the middle of a mud pit, and the military. If you need to haul stuff, get a normal truck. If you need to haul kids, get a mini-van.
I just think that they're exceptionally dangerous, and they're just not worth the risk, to yourself, or the other people on the road!

Just my $.02, though...

--Molly

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i dont like them either, i pull up next to them in my 96 f150, and i get the dirtiest looks:( ! im 2 inches higher with my truck than they are stock. now granted mines lifted 4 inches and has 35's , but they have 37's and im still higher:tongue:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
If he's worried about people in Hummers pulling up behind him, he should do what Ashton Kutcher did and strap a 100wt. light on back that he can flash at them.

·
Registered
686 Posts
93pimpin said:
If he's worried about people in Hummers pulling up behind him, he should do what Ashton Kutcher did and strap a 100wt. light on back that he can flash at them.
LOL thats exactly what i wanted to do for a while like 4 years ago...i was disgruntled and tired of all the @#%!#@!% who would get right up on me...but i learned how to have "fun" with them instead. Like one time i went 15 miles an hour down a 3 mile road where the whole thing was a no passing zone and there was too much traffic to pass me anyhow...and when i got in the turning lane at the end i just made and evil smile like "muahahahahahaa" at the dude in the astro van and waved. His face was beat red...i thought he was gonna pop lol...it was great...made my day :D

Greg

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GregK said:
LOL thats exactly what i wanted to do for a while like 4 years ago...i was disgruntled and tired of all the @#%!#@!% who would get right up on me...but i learned how to have "fun" with them instead. Like one time i went 15 miles an hour down a 3 mile road where the whole thing was a no passing zone and there was too much traffic to pass me anyhow...and when i got in the turning lane at the end i just made and evil smile like "muahahahahahaa" at the dude in the astro van and waved. His face was beat red...i thought he was gonna pop lol...it was great...made my day :D

Greg
So you're that son-of-a-bicth :redmad: You're lucky I didn't stop right then and there and beat the crap outta you!

·
Registered
515 Posts
the old hummer would have prolly went through that truck, H2's suck the big one cause they are for soccer moms and for ppl who want them for looks only. I would want the old box style cause i would want to be able to climb a tree or drive over your local chevy. THe new just lacks the 'get the [email protected]# out of my way' look.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
What I hate, is when people are already going slow, and then piss you off by going slower. Now that's something that pisses me off. They're going 25 in a 35, and then slow down to 15. There's no reason for that. If you're going the speed limit, I'll stay back, but you have to be going the speed limit.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Yup, H2=wanna-be hummer. If you look inside, all it is is a regular GMC truck. I was looking at one and I'm like WTF!? Why does a vehicle that's supposedly a Hummer have leather seats, and digital climate control, and a cd player...and the gauge cluster came straight out of an Escalade or some other close relative of one. And when did they start putting OnStar in Hummers!?!?

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
hotbird said:
Yup, H2=wanna-be hummer. If you look inside, all it is is a regular GMC truck.
Bingo!

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
I understand that the H2 is not quite the big badass it's bigger brother is, but why is everyone dogging it based on that photo. First of all, it was not designed to be the same military contender as the H1, and second, it hit 4 other cars before PLOWING headfirst into that old Dodge, the Hummer is not weak. It's just another big-*** SUV now! Crumple zones and all.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I've always thought the H2 was ugly. It's too large. It's like 10' tall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts