TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever wondered how the design/s of both the Thunderbird's and Cougar's may have evolved over the past 16 years and what the most recent incarnations of these cars might have looked like today? It's just a question that crossed my mind a few times.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
the cougar never would have lasted imo. Im guessing the thunderbirds would have looked something like a ford falcon from aussieland

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
I hope to eventually take one of my cars apart, digitize it, and print a new one out of titanium powder.

:D

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Probably something like the upcoming Mustang.

I think that's the closest thing you'll ever see to a modern Tbird.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
So, its common knowledge as to what the 98 bird would have been - never heard any speculation as to the cougar for 1998

Would there have been an SVT cougar?

·
Super Moderator
16,757 Posts
Never was a SVT Mystique to match the Contour, so I'm gonna say no.

98 + MN12? I'd say look no further than the 04 GTO. Same size, same proportions, RWD, IRS, and not too far off from Ford's contemporary styling then(the GTO design dates back to 97). Substitute the LSx for a Modular and lazily badge engineer it as a Ford (as GM did as a Poncho) and you'd never question it's roots.

All the pics floating around are still speculative fan renderings, so I don't know what you're base that on besides the IRS. The car is going to be significantly shorter and less practical than any Thunderbird, so I don't think it's even close.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
As long as the next generation of Thunderbird doesn't look anything like this.. :rolleyes:

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Never was a SVT Mystique to match the Contour, so I'm gonna say no.

98 + MN12? I'd say look no further than the 04 GTO. Same size, same proportions, RWD, IRS, and not too far off from Ford's contemporary styling then(the GTO design dates back to 97). Substitute the LSx for a Modular and lazily badge engineer it as a Ford (as GM did as a Poncho) and you'd never question it's roots.

All the pics floating around are still speculative fan renderings, so I don't know what you're base that on besides the IRS. The car is going to be significantly shorter and less practical than any Thunderbird, so I don't think it's even close.
Yes, primarily on the IRS; otherwise on the speculative renderings. Either way, I think it looks promising.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
LOL Yea, I see your point. Thank God for the 99 Cobra! At least we can use the shocks off of it!

So yea, 99 Cobra Bilstein shocks on the rear of my Bird makes the Cobra a fine continuation of the MN12. :tongue:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
LOL Yea, I see your point. Thank God for the 99 Cobra! At least we can use the shocks off of it!

So yea, 99 Cobra Bilstein shocks on the rear of my Bird makes the Cobra a fine continuation of the MN12. :tongue:
Here here! I second that notion! lol :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts