TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever file an insurance claim? i have excessive damage on the expy from last winter, and again this past sunday(i know, it's late june). i know my rates can't go up, because it's an act of god. some of the damage is from the nasty ice storm we had in december, but that shouldn't matter. i may just pocket the cash, but not sure, maybe i will fix it. it's on the hood(seen by trunkmonkey), roof, and many body panels. some little, some big. any idea what to expect?

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
If you file a claim remember that you're deducible will be deducted from any amount you're paid and your rates may go up.

The best person to ask is your insurance agent. It doesn't cost anything to ask (although they'll probably make a note of your request for information in your file). I've heard of horror stories of peoples home owner's insurance increasing just because they inquired about filing a claim.

I suggest you have a few repair estimates (minimum of 3) in hand before contacting your agent so you'll know approximately how much money you may get out of a claim should you decide to pursue/file a claim.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did some reading online, and because it's an act of god(uncontrollable), they cant raise my premium. i have an apt tomorrow to get an appraisal, but i dont have to file if its not worth it.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
They'll raise em and give you some other BS reason as to why they raised them. Years ago I called to INQUIRE about replacing a windshield on my car that got cracked. I was told it would raise my rates, so I got a used one installed for cheap and they still raised my rates on me and even told me that was why. Any money that comes out of your insurance companies pocket will eventually find its way out of yours.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, maybe they'll total it and write me a check, and i'll buy it back!!!

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd love to have it painted ford lightning blue.......

at the very least, i have to get the tailgate re-done....which is very common on these.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
klucker... if you have comp insurance in the state of FL, the state covers your windshield replacement for free if it impairs your vision

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts