TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of this stuff is just downright funny!

http://tucson.craigslist.org/pts/3829787267.html

• One Owner
• Arizona/Nevada Vehicle
• Always garaged
• 156,000 miles (about 9,000 mile/year)
• Only Year with Handmade Engine Also used in Shelby GT Cars
• Premium Chrome Wheels
• Custom Robo Sun Roof (Installed, when purchased, by a local company -The Option) Never had a problem with it.
• Air Bags suspension replaced with springs -- Cost $1700.00
• New Brakes
• Tires 80%
• New HID low beams
• New Alternator
• Loaded -- Leather, CD Changer all power window, locks, etc.
• Original cost $46,000 I have the original window sticker.
• Bought for my wife and she drove it until I got her a 2013 Lincoln MKX one month ago.
• All service records since day one.
• This 96 is the most unique and rare of all the Mark VIII models. One day , it will be a collectors car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What an idiot

·
Super Moderator
16,827 Posts
93 and 96 look the same.
This.

The inside is where you can tell them apart and this interior says 96. The new style climate control plate was 1 year only in the GEN I. Other details that set it apart from a 93 is the Double DIN radio, wood trimmed center stack, color keyed(and backlit) cruise switches and large sill plates.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
This.

The inside is where you can tell them apart and this interior says 96. The new style climate control plate was 1 year only in the GEN I. Other details that set it apart from a 93 is the Double DIN radio, wood trimmed center stack, color keyed(and backlit) cruise switches and large sill plates.
My '95 LSC has the new-style climate control plate ...

... course I changed it myself :D

·
Super Moderator
11,924 Posts
LOL

The "Custom Robo Sun Roof" caught my eye.

So, I'm Googling "Robo" to post a snarky picture of ... and low and behold I run across a remake of Robocop in production! :eek:

So, what's old is new again. AKA - Why the hell can't Hollywood come up with anything original! :mad:

The tenative release date is February 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

·
Super Moderator
16,827 Posts
LOL

The "Custom Robo Sun Roof" caught my eye.

So, I'm Googling "Robo" to post a snarky picture of ... and low and behold I run across a remake of Robocop in production! :eek:

So, what's old is new again. AKA - Why the hell can't Hollywood come up with anything original! :mad:

The tenative release date is February 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/
I heard rumors of that. Yet another movie that is perfect as is ruined by yet another awful CGI infested shallow remake. Hollywood has either run out of ideas or, more likely, the studio executes have their heads so far up their asses that they can no longer recognise **** when it's right in front of them.

·
Super Moderator
10,409 Posts
I have the original, in all it's uncut glory. :)

That has to be the bloodiest movie ever, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Y'all talking about the Robocop movies?
I used to have all three on VHS, but I donated all 800 of my VHS movies to the local library YEARS ago.

IIRC, I have them digitized and one of my old computers somewhere - I'll have to look if anybody is interested in them. Or you can just do a bitorrent search and find them yourselves! :D

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
The things the "craigslist crackheads" come up with to try, and make an extra $4000 ..
:facepalm:

Rayo..
fixed that for ya. lol I wonder if this guy actually thinks his car is that rare, or if he is just trying to build up the bs to sell it...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes well a car is only worth what another person is willing to pay for it, the more people that desire it the higher the price that it can be sold for is. Hence the price older muscle cars fetch something people bought new for 4,200.00 now fetches upwards of 40,000 in good shape...

Course I just dont see it coming from a Mark of any kind they are nice but not anything to be considered legendary. Of course that white interior has to be like hell to keep clean that would never work for me, that thing would look like sh!!! in one month with the kind of work I do. My Lady on the other hand could deal with it, but probably never let me use it based on that fact l.o.l.

I used to feel bad when I needed to use her car I almost hated to do it because I knew it would get dirty....

Sometimes I think people glorify something to try to give reason why that price should be but as I said it will only be worth what someone else is willing to buy it for or you will be stuck with it...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well 4,200 dollars in (lets say) 1969, is 25,940.85 dollars in 2012. So a 4,200 dollar car is a 26,000 dollar car today. Plus if they are completely restore, that took a lot of money for the restoring process, on top of the fact that almost everyone would love to drive a 1969 Mustang (that's my example). That is why they fetch over 40,000 dollars today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts