TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i'm building my 95 tbird up, and would really love to take advantage of the irs (combined with a turbo 4.6 and possibly t45 swap), and make a really sweet handling mn12 (not that the handling is bad on a stock car)

i want to keep the ride height where it is, or really close (not slamming) and i want to lower the amount of body roll

has anyone upgraded their suspension similar to what i want?

any info would be great thanks!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
For our cars, you can buy thicker sway bars, better shocks, struts, and buy all polyeurethane bushings for a lot of suspension components. As far as springs go, I would recommend a good set of Eibachs or Vogtland springs which will give your car about a 1.5" drop and handle better. But if you want to keep close to the stock ride height, I guess your next best choice would be to go with a set of T-Bird SC springs.

Also, check out the suspension Tech articles.
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/index.html#

·
Super Moderator
7,689 Posts
SC or sport springs (they are the same thing) will help a lot while keeping stock ride height. Combine that with stiffere shocks and sway bars, and the car will handle very well.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
And when you put those fat bars, stiff shocks, & stout springs on it and then beat it over unlevel ground, you'll soon consider some bracing.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
consider delrin bushings for the IRS for the best handling possible(i dont even have them and he sold me on it). One guy on sccoa makes em, i think he stop here too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
consider delrin bushings for the IRS for the best handling possible(i dont even have them and he sold me on it). One guy on sccoa makes em, i think he stop here too.
Are those better in the front also?I hear bad things about poly bushings in the front.I was planning to run poly all around until I heard some cars split them.Does having a metal sleeve around the polys help?The last vehicles(not MN12) I did polys on had steel sleeves on the bushings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright awesome, thanks for the ideas guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts