TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Too many Cobra pictures, I know .. lets get back to something you haven't seen before ..

Tracked down the source of my "wet carpet" at the passenger floorboard when parked down hill in the rain.

The car that keeps paying for itself just gave me another nickel - I might leave it there.

… inspired by Matt. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your interior is going to look so much better now, I dont know how you can be so good at taking dashes off. The carpet, center consol and the side panels are easy. Ive done like 4 times just to clean up, but only on my 89. I need to check my 92 some time.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Your interior is going to look so much better now, I dont know how you can be so good at taking dashes off. The carpet, center consol and the side panels are easy. Ive done like 4 times just to clean up, but only on my 89. I need to check my 92 some time.
Dan's had the following:
1) practice.
2) practice.
3) practice.
4) A strong desire to put it back once you have removed it.
5) practice.

-g
I'm not so good with #4

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I've been searching Carpet; anyone happy with Aftermarket Carpet?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ive got it down to about two hours taking my time .. the dash comes out easy when you only remove the bare minimum hardware, its just really heavy with everything attached to it.

Dan's had the following:
1) practice.
2) practice.
3) practice.
4) A strong desire to put it back once you have removed it.
5) practice.

-g
I'm not so good with #4
You mean I have to put this stuff back into the car ??? LOL

Sorry about that :tongue:
No, that's a good thing - lots of cool projects in these forums lately and everybody is taking the dash out like its the thing to do !

I've been searching Carpet; anyone happy with Aftermarket Carpet?
I just wanted to take mine out to get rid of all the mildew / moisture, but eventually it would be nice to replace the carpet altogether one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

I just wanted to take mine out to get rid of all the mildew / moisture, but eventually it would be nice to replace the carpet altogether one of these days.
That's where I am, pretty much.

They ALL leak at the rear window moldings, tbird or cat.

(to Ford:) You Bastards!

:)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Didn't have this separation in the firewall the last time I had this 94 SC apart.

This keeps me from working on my SC constantly .. tow hook. Sorry Cobra, this garage isn't big enough for a snake and a bird.

Just kidding, I was able to clean up a bit in the interior / seam sealed the firewall, installed a new heater core and the AC assembly, stripped down part of the dash and did the first round of cleaning on the carpet .. progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
My youngest son in front of a multi-stage rocket. He is really into space right now, so he had fun when I took him to work on the weekend.

Cleaning out my 94 SC .. I found Jesus .. Jose.

101 Octane, no joke. Cobra is tuned for 100 and my SS is tuned for 93, but nobody sells it.

Track time, LOL. The Cobra is not meant for the drag strip, no need to dump the clutch at 7k RPM but it was still fun.

My best run at 13.03 in the SS, completely stock, with my work gear in the trunk. Next time I leave it at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
.. back to business as usual.

Interior mostly together now. A lot of minor modifications along the way in the sake of weight savings has left my car sitting really tall.

There are a few things I need to finish but at some point I will be cutting a little more weight off the springs to make up for this gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
For Sale : Slightly used tires

Decided to try out the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, so far they feel a little stickier than the Bridgestone's

Ive been enjoying these Speed Champion Lego sets also.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Happy 4/20 !

41 - 57 of 57 Posts